Sponsored

Help! After reading so many forums I’m still undecided!

Thegreatpunkn

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu willys
Sorry if this is a common post just haven’t seen it recently to read comments.

Recently I purchased a 2020 jlu willys. 3.6, 6 speed. I’ve been researching lift and tire setups and to add this is obviously my dd.

Im stuck between a 3.5” Clayton overland kit, 37s, regear to 4.56s and truss/gusset my 30.

OR

2.5” Clayton overland kit, 35s and a possible regear to 4.56s and truss/ gusset the 30.

I can’t seem to go 35s for the simple fact is it’s only about 400 in total to make the jump to 37s. Hoping I can get some input and persuasion on a yes or no for either!
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
What's the point of going to 37" tires, for you? What trails are you driving that 37" can do but 35" can't?

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
If you are going to regear, I would go with the look you want. personally I think 37’s look so much better.

OP
OP

Thegreatpunkn

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu willys
Honestly mostly looks, I’m a huge fan of 37s idk why. But the occasional trail. I’d be mostly 90 % on road though. But I’m looking to build a dual purpose rig that way when I want to use it I can

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thegreatpunkn

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu willys
I think he means you already answered since you are a huge fan of 37 :)
I understand now lol. I think honestly the point of my post is me hoping someone tells me it’s a terrible idea lol. I just don’t want to spend the money twice to make me satisfied

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thegreatpunkn

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu willys
Don’t build out the 30. If you feel the need to build it out, you need a 44 or 60.
Just run the 37’s and save until something breaks. Then upgrade the axle.
I got a quote to regear and truss and gusset for 2900 parts and labor. I’m not sure what it’d be without the truss kit. Would you recommend still regearing?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Wouldnt regear right away if I were you. I'd run it until you're unhappy. That might be day one. It might be never.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I got a quote to regear and truss and gusset for 2900 parts and labor. I’m not sure what it’d be without the truss kit. Would you recommend still regearing?
The 37’s don’t really need a regear if you’re on road. You can still offroad too. Honestly, just do the lift and 37’s then wait a while. I did 39’s and straight into a regear, but in hindsight could have been fine without the regear if I wanted to save for 60’s. I did offroad it on 39’s with my stock 4.10’s and it did fine, just not ideal.
It will turn into a 5 speed, but honestly it was smoother. 1st gear was super easy to roll out smooth.

OP
OP

Thegreatpunkn

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu willys
The 37’s don’t really need a regear if you’re on road. You can still offroad too. Honestly, just do the lift and 37’s then wait a while. I did 39’s and straight into a regear, but in hindsight could have been fine without the regear if I wanted to save for 60’s. I did offroad it on 39’s with my stock 4.10’s and it did fine, just not ideal.
It will turn into a 5 speed, but honestly it was smoother. 1st gear was super easy to roll out smooth.
I like what you’re saying. I may just have to try it lol thank you!
Sponsored