Sponsored

HELP! 35s vs 37s, KM3 vs KO2? Falken? What should I do?

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
@TheMAnderson Dang I didn't realize KM3's were that backed up, mine are due for replacement in a few more months :no:

As for the size, you know the answer in your heart. What do you see this Jeep Build looking like in 5 years? That will help you choose. Good luck!
Sponsored

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
I read somewhere that the mopar lift for the 4xe is realistically only 1.5 in lift since the rubi 4xe actually sits higher than a non 4xe rubi. is this what you've noticed?
I honestly have no idea. The dealer installed it before I took delivery. It doesn't rub.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I'd go with something available and get going, I'm not the most patient person lol. I do lik the KM3's, and we all know KO2's are proven, but I'd roll something different, Wildpeaks are nice, Toyo Open Country, Hankook DynaPro AT did me very well before on my GX460. I'd get something different and stay 35", it's hard enough finding anyone to align it then who doesn't want a fortune to do it or make 324 excuses why they can't, won't, etc. Unless you're rock-crawling or just trying to look big and bad, IMO 35s are all you need, and will get you anywhere you need to go. Think Camel Trophy... nobody ran 35s or 37s and did just fine :)

OP
OP
TheMAnderson

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
I'd go with something available and get going, I'm not the most patient person lol. I do lik the KM3's, and we all know KO2's are proven, but I'd roll something different, Wildpeaks are nice, Toyo Open Country, Hankook DynaPro AT did me very well before on my GX460. I'd get something different and stay 35", it's hard enough finding anyone to align it then who doesn't want a fortune to do it or make 324 excuses why they can't, won't, etc. Unless you're rock-crawling or just trying to look big and bad, IMO 35s are all you need, and will get you anywhere you need to go. Think Camel Trophy... nobody ran 35s or 37s and did just fine :)
Too late... 37" KO2s are on the way! But I do a little rockcrawling, so I think I'll be happy with them. And turns out they actually weigh a few pounds less than the 285/70-17 KM3s that came on from the factory, so looking forward to seeing how they drive. I was eventually going to regear anyway, and upgrade axle shafts, and I think this means that I should be fine waiting on that for a while.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Sweet congrats! You'll definitely be setup and good to go. Seems every tire is about $300ea right now regardless, so whatever is available and works! I won't be upgrading for a little while and hope the crazy calms down before then

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You won’t regret going 37s. Enjoy them!
Sponsored