Help! 35’s on Sahara

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Looks like those tires were run overinflated and the center is worn out. I would pass on these plus you don't know how they were driven or how old they are. You can look at the DOT code and see the mfg date - it looks like 1618 to me - last week of April, 2018. That'd be almost 4 years old. at 12k miles per year they would have about 48k miles on them now. Do you know the remaining tread depth in the center vs the outside? These centers could cause hydroplaning in the rain. Were they on a truck used to tow a bunch of stuff? Your best bet would be to get some takeoffs. Tires are the most important part of your vehicle related to safety, best not to skimp. Good luck, whatever decision you make.
Sponsored

pepeborja

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ, 2012 Acura MDX, 2017 BMW i3
Help! Found these 35x12.5s on Facebook for a steal.
Check the Expiration Date so you don't end up with some old tires.... Look for the manufacture week-year code on the tires to ensure they were made in this decade or at least the end of last one. Tires older than 10 years are considered expired and must be replaced, then again YMMV and what the intended use is.

OP
OP
bcooper99

bcooper99

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xE
Looks like those tires were run overinflated and the center is worn out. I would pass on these plus you don't know how they were driven or how old they are. You can look at the DOT code and see the mfg date - it looks like 1618 to me - last week of April, 2018. That'd be almost 4 years old. at 12k miles per year they would have about 48k miles on them now. Do you know the remaining tread depth in the center vs the outside? These centers could cause hydroplaning in the rain. Were they on a truck used to tow a bunch of stuff? Your best bet would be to get some takeoffs. Tires are the most important part of your vehicle related to safety, best not to skimp. Good luck, whatever decision you make.
Check the Expiration Date so you don't end up with some old tires.... Look for the manufacture week-year code on the tires to ensure they were made in this decade or at least the end of last one. Tires older than 10 years are considered expired and must be replaced, then again YMMV and what the intended use is.

Yeah, I guess I should've followed up, definitely did not get those tires. I am looking to get some 35s mounted on the stock wheels. Wondering if anyone has a picture of that, I feel like someone has to have done that by now. Thanks for the inputs.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Looks great!!.
Which 2" Spacer lift did you go with? Can you please link it here?
Sorry just confused. Your original reply mentions 2" but the response to bcooper99 says 2.5".
I am actually looking for 2" lift not 2.5".
My bad. The product is called a 2.5” lift from the manufacturer but it is a combination lift & leveling kit that raises the rear by 2” and the front by 2.5”.

https://www.readylift.com/2-5-sst-lift-kit-jeep-jl-wrangler-sahara-sport-2018-2022.html

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

Sponsored

TadderaAZ

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep JK Sahara Altitude
For those that installed the 2.5 SST lift and added the 25s - how do you find the ride in comparison to stock?

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
I put bigger tires on mine (BFG ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 - SIZE: LT275/60R20) with no lift or anything (Sahara stock build) and I love them!

OP
OP
bcooper99

bcooper99

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xE
2” spacer lift and 35x12.5xR17 on my Sahara with stock fenders. Also helps to be Sting-Gray, the magical color that surprises me even after I’ve already had this for a couple of years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help! 35’s on Sahara 1644872071110

How do those M/T run on pavement? Any significant change in mileage?

I found these 35 M/T's mounted on stock Willy's rims for $800, might have to snag.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! 35’s on Sahara willy2
Jeep Wrangler JL Help! 35’s on Sahara willy1

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do those M/T run on pavement? Any significant change in mileage?

I found these 35 M/T's mounted on stock Willy's rims for $800, might have to snag.
willy2.jpg
willy1.jpg
My wheel + tire is 107 lbs. I am getting 20 mpg on highway and 17 mpg in the city on 3.45 gear ratio mated to the 3.6l Pentastar. These are loud tires. They are fine on dry pavement but can get squirrelly above 75 mph. I drop to 55 mph in the rain.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that installed the 2.5 SST lift and added the 25s - how do you find the ride in comparison to stock?
Can’t say. Didn’t really drive around with the stock height enough to imprint any distinct memory of it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did you have to do anything on your tailgate? Spare relocation bracket? Or reinforcement kit?
Swapped in Rubicon’s stock tire carrier since they are slightly larger to fit 35s. No reinforcements kits since stock wheels and skinny 35s are very light weight.

cv2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4 Door Sahara
Swapped in Rubicon’s stock tire carrier since they are slightly larger to fit 35s. No reinforcements kits since stock wheels and skinny 35s are very light weight.
Jeep looks great. Did you use wheel spacers for the 285/75's? Any rub at full lock? Looking at doing the exact same thing.
Sponsored