hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think this is a better alternative than finding Rubi LED lights for the fenders and changing them out?
Rubi/Sahara flare lights are different than Sport. You would need to swap flares
Sponsored

OP
OP
a23persaud

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Do you think this is a better alternative than finding Rubi LED lights for the fenders and changing them out?
Yes dude Iā€™m telling you, you wonā€™t be disappointed. Just cop the Oracle lights.

Even if you did switch rubicon / Sahara LED flares itā€™s not compatible with your Jeep. You donā€™t have the setting in your system. Youā€™d have to buy a Tazer and reprogram everything. Cop oracles!!

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
Yes dude Iā€™m telling you, you wonā€™t be disappointed. Just cop the Oracle lights.

Even if you did switch rubicon / Sahara LED flares itā€™s not compatible with your Jeep. You donā€™t have the setting in your system. Youā€™d have to buy a Tazer and reprogram everything. Cop oracles!!
ok okay I will! First I gotta actually receive the Jeep.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
So I am trying to do something with the marker/turn signal lights on my 2021 Willys.
I went out and checked the front signal/marker light on the Jeep. There is one halogen bulb per side even though tails are full LED along with the headlight halos, headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs.

I am not sure what sense that made when the designers started putting together the specs on the Sport/Willys models.

There is no option to activate DRLā€™s in Uconnect on my Jeep so, unless I change to Rubi fenders with OEM LED marker lights, Iā€™m thinking I put in some CanBus compliant switchback yellow/white bulbs in that position and if I want them on looking like DRLā€™s I just turn the headlight switch from ā€œAutoā€ to ā€œParking Lightsā€ function.

I was wondering if you put the light switch in "Parking Light" mode during the day vs. "Auto" will this work?

OP
OP
a23persaud

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
So I am trying to do something with the marker/turn signal lights on my 2021 Willys.
I went out and checked the front signal/marker light on the Jeep. There is one halogen bulb per side even though tails are full LED along with the headlight halos, headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs.

I am not sure what sense that made when the designers started putting together the specs on the Sport/Willys models.

There is no option to activate DRLā€™s in Uconnect on my Jeep so, unless I change to Rubi fenders with OEM LED marker lights, Iā€™m thinking I put in some CanBus compliant switchback yellow/white bulbs in that position and if I want them on looking like DRLā€™s I just turn the headlight switch from ā€œAutoā€ to ā€œParking Lightsā€ function.

I was wondering if you put the light switch in "Parking Light" mode during the day vs. "Auto" will this work?
Unfortunately that will not work. You will need to use a Tazer to program the settings in your Willys if you want the fenders to act as DRLs.

I am using the oracle switchbacks, and am fine with the fenders not being DRLs, thereā€™s really no purpose since we have the halo ring on the headlights as DRLs.

Also, even if you got the rubicon fenders, you still need to program your sport style UConnect system with a Tazer ($300+) for the fenders to act as DRLs. Even with the rubicon style fenders, the setting wonā€™t magically appear in our sport style system.

Your best bet is to spend $65 on the Oracle switchback LEDs so when the fender lights come on at night they are a crisp
White to match the rest of the vehicle, and just be okay with the fenders not acting as DRLs.

Best,
AP

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They will illuminate white if using a switchback bulb. But remember, you will have to manually set the headlight switch to that every time you get in the vehicle if you want the lights to be on.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Thanks for the info guys. It was very helpful.

One last question. If I go with the Rubi fender and light mod will I still need to program DRL function and/or do some wiring?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
OK. Well, we will try the Oracle switchbacks first and go from there if needed.

Again, Thanks for the help!

jy86206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392 Sarge Green
Quick question, in the product website it says the bulb will not work with the factory LED options, does it mean that I cannot use it for my Sport Altitude with factory LED package? Thanks.
Sponsored