Sponsored

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Sounds very unusual!, what a bummer! Sounds like your transfer case locked up in the front? In my last three Jeeps I have installed a bypass switch that turns off the ABS and Traction control. I saw the post about the BFG Mud terrains are bad in the snow, I have to say they are fantastic in the snow if they are siped . I live in snow country and have never had issues with BFG"S, but HATE ABS and traction control in the winter!
Sponsored

Ridgerunner542

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
42 Ford GPW, 12 4Runner, 16 VW Sportwagen
You don't think the lift might allow more body roll and influence the system logic?
This is a debatable question.
In my situation the original spring was retained and a 3, & 1.5 spacer was installed, so there was no change to the original spring rates just an increase ride height which in turn will increase body roll and yaw in hard cornering. So I guess you can say it changes vehicle dynamics but not the logic of the operating system. The program will always do what it’s told when it reaches certain parameters. The higher center of gravity without increasing spring rates and larger sidewall tires just get it there sooner.

Idk I’m not an engineer or computer programmer so.... just my old school way of thinking. But then again I didn’t change my Speedo so that’s off by about two mph at that speed and if I’m not mistaken the speed sensor is in the trans. We could get thinking pretty deep here.

But you can lift a vehicle and keep compliance with FMVSS standards.

Steve Jennings

First Name
Not Now
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neveragain.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Scooter
Occupation
Trust Funder
Sounds very unusual!, what a bummer! Sounds like your transfer case locked up in the front? In my last three Jeeps I have installed a bypass switch that turns off the ABS and Traction control. I saw the post about the BFG Mud terrains are bad in the snow, I have to say they are fantastic in the snow if they are siped . I live in snow country and have never had issues with BFG"S, but HATE ABS and traction control in the winter!
So. how do I install said switch ?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I saw the post about the BFG Mud terrains are bad in the snow, I have to say they are fantastic in the snow if they are siped . I live in snow country and have never had issues with BFG"S, but HATE ABS and traction control in the winter!
The Willys tires are Firestone Destination MT2 255/75R17C. They are great tires and they are siped. But they have a very high void ratio. And only a dedicated winter tire is worth anything on ice, unless you have studded tires. These particular Firestones are set up for #16 studs.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This is a debatable question.
In my situation the original spring was retained and a 3, & 1.5 spacer was installed, so there was no change to the original spring rates just an increase ride height which in turn will increase body roll and yaw in hard cornering. So I guess you can say it changes vehicle dynamics but not the logic of the operating system. The program will always do what it’s told when it reaches certain parameters. The higher center of gravity without increasing spring rates and larger sidewall tires just get it there sooner.

Idk I’m not an engineer or computer programmer so.... just my old school way of thinking. But then again I didn’t change my Speedo so that’s off by about two mph at that speed and if I’m not mistaken the speed sensor is in the trans. We could get thinking pretty deep here.

But you can lift a vehicle and keep compliance with FMVSS standards.
3.5” spacers? lol

Sponsored

Ridgerunner542

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
42 Ford GPW, 12 4Runner, 16 VW Sportwagen
3.5” spacers? lol
Haha. Yea I see how that is misinterpreted.
The front and rear spacers are both 1.5 inches but the front is IFS strut so it gives close to 3 inches because of the 1:2 ratio.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
That is an incredibly reckless and unbelievably stupid thing to do.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
If i were ever hit by someone and the crash report found they had intentionally disabled TCS and ABS, i would sue them into oblivion And try to get them criminally charged for reckless endangerment.

There isnt a driver on the planet that can stop a vehicle more quickly than ABS on a reduced traction surface. And if you had any training at all, you’d know that.

you guys are idiots for intentionally doing that on a public road.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
That is an incredibly reckless and unbelievably stupid thing to do.
Only for those that can't drive without all the nanny stuff. Plenty of us grew up driving without ABS & TC. Try turning it off and learn to drive the thing. See how it handles & reacts to different situations.

You will then have at least some knowledge of what to do should you lose those things.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Only for those that can't drive without all the nanny stuff. Plenty of us grew up driving without ABS & TC. Try turning it off and learn to drive the thing. See how it handles & reacts to different situations.

You will then have at least some knowledge of what to do should you lose those things.
oh, i have more than some knowledge. Ive held a formula racing license and been a driving instructor. So spare me the “when i was your age” crap.

Knowing what best to do in a pinch is a great thing for sure. that doesnt mean you should handicap yourself. just because a technology didnt exist years ago doesnt mean youre better off without it. Thats why we have electric lights, fly on airplanes, and dont go everywhere by horse drawn buggy.

you cannot control or stop a vehicle better with these systems disabled. Its been tested. Its been proven. There is absolutely no debate about this. to think otherwise is pure ego, and is backed up with zero evidence.

Last edited:

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
oh, i have more than some knowledge. Ive held a formula racing license and been a driving instructor. So spare me the “when i was your age” crap.

Knowing what best to do in a pinch is a great thing for sure. that doesnt mean you should handicap yourself. just because a technology didnt exist years ago doesnt mean youre better off without it. Thats why we have electric lights, fly on airplanes, and dont go everywhere by horse drawn buggy.

you cannot control or stop a vehicle better with these systems disabled. Its been tested. Its been proven. There is absolutely no debate about this. to think otherwise is pure ego, and is backed up with zero evidence.
Then you should know that no racing body requires or advocates ABS /TC on their cars. Why is that... because they expect you to be able to drive them. AS far as "old age crap" it's a fact that cars did not have any of this stuff growing up.

You really are a piece of work.
Sponsored