Hellwig Swaybar - Best Mod Yet

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
So glad to hear these guys are still in business and making good products! They sent me a prototype of an adjustable rear swaybar for my 2000 Trans Am road racecar. It was a great product and the only one of its kind (at that time).

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Finally got around to installing the Hellwig. It is thicker and way heavier. I don't feel a difference in ride quality and much less body roll.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hellwig Swaybar - Best Mod Yet IMG_1609
Iā€™m looking at purchasing this for my 392XR. Do you still feel itā€™s worth it?

craftbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2021 Yukon Denali
Iā€™m looking at purchasing this for my 392XR. Do you still feel itā€™s worth it?
Yes! I agree, this is the single-best mod I've done to date. The on-road handling is so much better. I haven't noticed any difference offroad either, but most my off-roading is pretty light

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Tires also affect handling/understeer.
Soft large sidewall (oem Rubicon tires and wheels) will net lots of understeer.

While 20s with E rated AT tires (Sahara suspension) make the Jeep corner like it's on rails, very balanced and lots of grip (295 wide).
Also more offset wheels (+12) have sizable improvement in cornering.

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Love mine but its prone to really loud squeaking

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Love mine but its prone to really loud squeaking
Use a generous amount of synthetic grease on the bushings. Probably need to repeat once or twice a year depending on the conditions you drive in.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Have you tried disconnecting the rear sway bar completely? Iā€™ve tossed around the idea for articulation reasons, as the JL is the only Jeep Iā€™ve ever owned (10+) that still has a rear sway bar on it. If ditching it helps with oversteer I can sell the wife on the idea as itā€™s not just for wheel travel gain.
I know this question is a smidge on the old side but I just came across it. This dude tested articulation with and without and he did better with the rear sway bar connected. Seems counterintuitive
Should I remove my rear sway bar. Jeep offroad - YouTube

Sponsored

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
@Brosef and @marsh1 - I am super excited to see you both do this on your 392s!

I plan to install the sway bar kit on my 22' Rubicon 392 XR that arrives next month. I haven't seen any design changes between the 21' and 22' 392s that would make me doubt the sway bar kit will work.

I reached out to Hellwig but their Customer Support won't give me a straight answer yet.

Would you have any hesitations on ordering the 7775 sway bar kit if you were in my shoes?

I appreciate your thoughts!

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
@Brosef and @marsh1 - I am super excited to see you both do this on your 392s!

I plan to install the sway bar kit on my 22' Rubicon 392 XR that arrives next month. I haven't seen any design changes between the 21' and 22' 392s that would make me doubt the sway bar kit will work.

I reached out to Hellwig but their Customer Support won't give me a straight answer yet.

Would you have any hesitations on ordering the 7775 sway bar kit if you were in my shoes?

I appreciate your thoughts!
Wondering the same thing, so interested in responses.

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB GLC63S, BMW M3, Hydro 392XR, Braptor
Playing around a little with the suspension on my ā€˜21 XRand want to relate my experience so far.

First I installed the Mopar longer LCAā€™s, these seem to diminish the traditional Jeep wander which was great. A minimal cost mod that exceeded my expectations. Then I decided I wanted to try and get a little more control over tippy feeling from the rear in corners so I added the Hellwig rear sway bar.

This mod was twice the price of the LCAā€™s but the results werenā€™t as gratifying. By stiffening up the rear sway bar which did make ultimate cornering improvements, I also lost some of the wandering improvement I gained from the LCAā€™s. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s back to stock, but there is a noticeable degradation in the steering wander back towards stock. I think whatā€™s happening is that by not allowing as much sway, this lower motion amplitude is getting transferred back up to front and causing the softness in the front suspension to now absorb more sway. Since I donā€™t plan to do any major off-roading, I may play around with a slightly larger front bar but I donā€™t want to chase this back and forth forever.
Sponsored