Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Only thing that makes sense is Jeep would compartmentalize production as not to let anyone a jump on designing of competing products. We do this a lot in our industry. Less people know the better it is for the business.
Exactly. I would expect that the team working on the OEM top is on NDA and compartmentalized from the aftermarket group. I have experience with this from my past business as well.
Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there!

The Demand for the revolutionary new Wrangler JL soft top has been unprecedented – and we continue to increase our production to meet that demand. We know everyone is excited to receive their JL, it's like waiting for new parts to arrive, but times times worse :)

*CassieAtBestop
Yes we all know about unprecedented and feel the delay. Will all the 4dr jeeps in the backlots without tops not being shipped going delay the 2dr production schedule. Do we all need to change our orders to hardtops or just cancel totally. I have driven jeeps for 55 years don't want to quit.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Hey there!

The Demand for the revolutionary new Wrangler JL soft top has been unprecedented – and we continue to increase our production to meet that demand. We know everyone is excited to receive their JL, it's like waiting for new parts to arrive, but times times worse :)

*CassieAtBestop
So basically this did not answer any of my questions. Has whatever issues causing the hold up been resolved? Are you currently meeting production rates? Should we expect further delays?

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
@BestopTeam — Spoke with jeep chat today, and they said there is still a delay on the soft tops. Can you shed any additional light on this? Was hoping to have my Rubi before going camping in May. Not looking good..

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
@BestopTeam — Spoke with jeep chat today, and they said there is still a delay on the soft tops. Can you shed any additional light on this? Was hoping to have my Rubi before going camping in May. Not looking good..

I’d like to +1 this, but it is not good news!

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Cassie @BestopTeam must have been pulled from social media and retasked to a sewing machine to help them get caught up.

Sponsored

4x4SoftRoader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@Bestop, please let us know if you have any update on the JLU sunrider for hardtop.
Had it on th JK and it was awesome. Really really want to add it on my JL.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
:like: I hope it's not to announce you will have something ready by next spring

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I will be announcing some MAJOR news on our Facebook page on Friday 5/25. Be sure to follow us so you can hear the news first ;)

https://www.facebook.com/BestopTeam/

CassieAtBestop
thanks, cannot wait to here that the TrekTop NX Twill and a dust cover (tonneau) will be available for the JL by June 1st of 2018!! ;)
Sponsored