Hello Everyone,

DLisse

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2-Door
I'm new to the Jeep world and I'm trying to learn everything I can about upgrades. I've got an extensive background in turning wrenches (30+ yrs) ranging from a track and weapons systems mechanic in the Army, GM and John Deere dealerships, to being in the forklift industry now (Hyster), so I have a fairly decent grasp of how things operate but I don't know the specifics of the Jeep systems. I just bought a 2019 Wrangler 2-door with the sunrider soft top, it's pretty much the base model and doesn't even have A/C. I'm pretty sure the upgrade possibilities are endless and I'll probably never be completely finished but there are a few I want to concentrate on to start with. I have already installed a tow hitch and side steps, the tow harness is supposed to be delivered today and that will be easy to install tomorrow. My next task is to get a programmer and install DRL assemblies and activate the DRL's. What are the best cost effective options for programmers? My next project would be to upgrade to auto headlamps, all my research tells me that my harnesses and BCM are the same as the models that come standard with this option so I assume all I would need to do is add the necessary components and get the BCM flashed for auto head lights. Am I on the right track?
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to the Jeep world and I'm trying to learn everything I can about upgrades. I've got an extensive background in turning wrenches (30+ yrs) ranging from a track and weapons systems mechanic in the Army, GM and John Deere dealerships, to being in the forklift industry now (Hyster), so I have a fairly decent grasp of how things operate but I don't know the specifics of the Jeep systems. I just bought a 2019 Wrangler 2-door with the sunrider soft top, it's pretty much the base model and doesn't even have A/C. I'm pretty sure the upgrade possibilities are endless and I'll probably never be completely finished but there are a few I want to concentrate on to start with. I have already installed a tow hitch and side steps, the tow harness is supposed to be delivered today and that will be easy to install tomorrow. My next task is to get a programmer and install DRL assemblies and activate the DRL's. What are the best cost effective options for programmers? My next project would be to upgrade to auto headlamps, all my research tells me that my harnesses and BCM are the same as the models that come standard with this option so I assume all I would need to do is add the necessary components and get the BCM flashed for auto head lights. Am I on the right track?
Hi D, I’m just here to welcome you. My Jeep’s pretty much stock. I can tell you though if this forum were about nuclear bombs or rockets you’d be able to build one off this forum. There’s some smart mother f***ers in here that know more about Jeeps than Jeep. Just seek and you will find...

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Dereck...... as far as programmers go I’d recommend the Tazer JL Mini....it can do a multitude of tasks. I like the fact that it plugs into the gateway and not the obd port. When you unmarry it all your settings return to factory settings. Check out Z Automotive.......:)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Welcome and thanks for your service:captain: We have an area where you can say HI
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/â™ -military-chat-â™ -active-reserve-retired-veteran-â™ .27497/
Sponsored

Last edited: