Sponsored

Hello all! Vaitrix USA Performance Parts

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Greetings guys! Just wanted to introduce ourselves and some of the products we offer (and are also in the process of developing) for the Wrangler JL 2.0L Turbo.

Some of you may be familiar with our previous tuning work on the Giulia/Stelvio 2.0L GME engine as Eurocompulsion. While we will still be carrying a wider range of Jeep items through our EC website, we've also began a smaller operation (Vaitrix USA) specializing in performance electronics, specifically piggyback ECUs, plug and play boost gauges and electronic throttle/pedal controllers. Our performance items will be offered on both websites.

Our experience on the Giulia/Stelvio is valuable, but there are differences between both of these platforms and the powerbands they run.

First, our Wrangler JL 2.0L Turbo:

cat=104&_nc_ohc=GV7XAh4McvUAQlpT58NpLi9nJYW4bp6SUfBydosd5CaYCqDpOFTjOTnYg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

cat=103&_nc_ohc=E-8Z0i9rYHUAQlEBQ57zEQFArcupIuBnZJurg4l2VZgx0xis2eKyK51gg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

UPGRADES:

-BOOSTER ECU (we have information and videos on how this works here (https://vaitrixusa.com/blogs/product-info-booster-ecu))
This is a piggyback unit we have developed, the circuitry and hardware are designed/manufactured in house. These units connect to both boost sensors (both manifold and charge pipe), as well as the cam position sensor for RPM reference. These units have the ability to be mapped 3D based on rpm and various load positions, making it very versatile and accurate.

There are (2) models we offer for the Wrangler 2.0L. The Basic model is for those that want instant power and easy installation. We have a cloud database for mapping, and there will be multiple maps available for users to download, which will be further developed once we have installed our intakes, exhaust, etc. The Pro Model does all of the same, but more. This unit offers self tuning to the end user using our tuning software. The end user has the ability to create their own maps, and customize boost in anyway they want too. The software developed for this is the same software we use to create the initial base maps (https://vaitrixusa.com/blogs/product-info-air-force-tuning-software). These maps can also be shared between users. This allows you to create customized maps for different applications (off road, crawling, etc).

All of these units are Bluetooth compatible, and we have a free mobile app that allows you to update the maps and also switch maps on the fly. They are also fully mappable with our methanol systems, which we will have available later down the road.

We will have these units available soon on the website to purchase, and I'll also start an official thread for these on the forum when they are available.

Below are the initial dyno results for our stage 1 (AFRs also available on the chart, but I'm having an issue with the attachment. I will post those when we start the official thread for this item):

WRANGJL_2AT_StockvsVTXSTG1_whp.jpg

We also did acceleration tests as well:

As we also did with the Giulia, we are currently working on ECU tuning, specifically OBDII handheld functionality and ECU reflash capabilities. The ECU in the Wrangler JL 2.0L is not the same as the MM10JA in the Giulia, it is a different make and model of ECU. Currently we are working on decryption of the flash protocol, which usually starts with direct flashing of the ECU on our test bench. From there we will work on handheld capabilities. This is something that is in development and we are actively working on. This will be offered through both Vaitrix and Eurocompulsion, and we hope to be able to setup similar features as what we have done on the Giulia. As this is a new ECU, it could be some considerable time before we have it cracked it. However, our Booster ECU does allow customization on top of running an ECU tune, and these can be used in combination with each other (this is especially useful for the water/methanol mapping and self tuning).

-PLUG & PLAY BOOST GAUGE
cat=108&_nc_ohc=DvQR5WxlPnMAQlOmTf6EanDq6CSVf6njsm2Vso8HWtQf6LjK592IAWvcQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

This plug and play boost gauge is designed to connect directly to the manifold pressure sensor and delivers accurate boost information directly from the ECU without having to use tubing or hoses. It's also controllable via an infrared remote. You can set peak boost warnings, peak tracking, automatic dimming and more.

No tapping, drilling, or additional parts required to install this.

You can watch our videos and review info on our website to learn more about how this works:
https://vaitrixusa.com/blogs/product-info-gen2-gauges/product-info-gen2-gauges-overview

At the moment, we are developing a throttle controller specialized for the Wrangler 2.0L. We also have multiple intake prototypes in development as well. These range from stock replacements, to open element filters, to enclosed cold air intake filters.

Hopefully we will have more information soon on current developments, and we hope to have our tested items up for sale in the next week or so. We'll start more specific threads on those items soon.

If you have any questions regarding any of our work or products, don't hesitate to ask!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks promising. Are those 0-60 times with the Jeep pictured above? If so, what is the tire size & gearing?
Yes, it is with the Wrangler above. The gearing is the stock JLU Sport gearing (axle gear ratio 3.45), we swapped back to the stock tires and wheels (on the Jeep when we first bought it) pictured below:
cat=104&_nc_ohc=vokOFTp7in4AQmp8Zyfnu9wGmQS4oswTvYHCZJvjZb8UJmI927ZnVZm6A&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Last edited:

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Chris,

Having words from your companies on this board is the most exciting news for 2.0 people. For those of you that have worked with EC or Chris will know their work is phenomenal and the tunes consistently deliver as promised.

I canā€™t stress enough that every single product I have received or purchased has been of quality.

One thing I didnā€™t like was ā€œconsiderable timeā€ in relation to cracking the ECU. Work faster, no holidays, only focus on Jeep. Hahah.

Last edited:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm going to make a pitch to you to please please please tune the lousy 3.6 for manual transmissions. You will sell one to each and every row-you-own JL ever built. We don't need more power, we need control.

If the clutch is in, set 0-50% pedal position to 0-15% throttle opening, it can ramp up normal beyond that.
Shorten the 500ms delay between touching the accelerator pedal and the throttle actually responding
But #1 change, GET RID OF THE REV HANG! Program for rapid fuel cut and throttle blade closing so we can actually upshift without scrubbing 3000 rpm through the clutch.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Shorten the 500ms delay between touching the accelerator pedal and the throttle actually responding
I haven't driven a 3.6 manual, but this is something that the 2.0 needs too.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm going to make a pitch to you to please please please tune the lousy 3.6 for manual transmissions. You will sell one to each and every row-you-own JL ever built. We don't need more power, we need control.

If the clutch is in, set 0-50% pedal position to 0-15% throttle opening, it can ramp up normal beyond that.
But #1 change, GET RID OF THE REV HANG! Program for rapid fuel cut and throttle blade closing so we can actually upshift without scrubbing 3000 rpm through the clutch.

Thanks in advance

Once they crack things all of these issues will go away.
@ Chris - No 3.6 tuning until every single 2.0 in the world has been modified. Hahaha JK.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the kind words! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With the 2014+ 500 Abarth, we worked on that protocol for almost a solid 3 years before it was finally made available to the public, so we don't give up on things.

Beyond extreme modifications, the Booster ECU will take care of what most tuning can. One advantage is that the boost curve for the Jeep 2.0L is relatively flat at peak up to redline, making end user tuning very simple but effective. If you want to add low end torque when creating your own purpose map (like for off road application) you can easily add a bit more down low without affecting the rest of the powerband, and without inducing any unpredictable results.

At the moment our development is pretty limited to the 2.0L (because that is what we know best and have access to), but we're not opposed to working on the 3.6L. If we can get a local car to do some testing on, that will move us closer. We've already discussed intakes and other items for the 3.6L.

One thing we will have shortly is a electronic throttle controller that is very customizable (and this can work on the 3.6L as well). This can be adjusted and fine tuned on the fly by the end user to achieve what you're describing (changing the pedal position to throttle opening ratio in order to change how the throttle/load responds at any given moment. Very useful on both manuals and automatics. But anything outside of that requires ECU reprogram, but the above is very effective (and cost efficient).

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
Hey Chris,

glad you popped up here...we spoke on the phone a while back about adapting the gofastbits DV to the Jeep.

Really happy to see you did go ahead and buy the Jeep.

Iā€™ll stay ā€œtunedā€ ... (pardon the pun)

subā€™d

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working on getting installation instructions and more product information on the site now. So hopefully we'll be able to start specific threads soon detailing what we have available at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, as a side note, we do have a few specific items that have been developed for the Giulia that should also fit the 2.0L on the Jeep. These can be found on the Eurocompulsion website. I've gotten a few emails from members here about these items so I figured I'd share the info for everyone.

I'll tell Chris to get a specific section up for the Wrangler JL.
https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-giulia-engine

These include:
-DV+ from GFB (made for the Giulia)
-Upgraded Spark plug options

I haven't confirmed yet if the coil pack models are the same.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@VaitrixUSA , do you give have any discounts for forum members? Iā€™m really interested in that boost gauge!! I was gonna drill my new intercooler pipe but I like the plug and play option better.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! I am in the process today of putting up specific product threads about our stuff (primarily the boost gauge and the Booster ECU). We started development on an intake system this week, and are also going to be offering a throttle/pedal controller (for those who are into those).

We are offering forum members 10% off their order, code: JLFORUM10

I will also make sure to mention this in the product threads as well.

Last edited:

209hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Custom vehicle builder
I don't post on this forum much, but Vaitrix, if you're interested in an unbiased dyno and comparison to a JB4 let me know. I have a dyno and just got the JB4. I'll be dyno testing JB4 with and without intake/catless downpipe on 2019 JLUR. Either way, look forward to more options to the 2.0 platform.
Sponsored