Hello All! New Jeep Owner Napa CA.

Sagamisan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Im looking for a club in the Napa Ca area.
Or some suggestions for a kinda "Overland" trip in Northern CA.
I have a stock 18 Sahara and would like some friendly help.

Thank you
Phil
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Im looking for a club in the Napa Ca area.
Or some suggestions for a kinda "Overland" trip in Northern CA.
I have a stock 18 Sahara and would like some friendly help.
Hey Phil, welcome! I don’t know about clubs, but TrailsOffroad.com is my go to site for finding trails. There’s a few others out there as well, but it should give you a bunch of ideas. The FunTreks books also have good content. Both will also give you guidance about where to camp for your overlanding trips.

Your Jeep is plenty capable for most of what those sources have trails wise.

OP
OP
Sagamisan

Sagamisan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hey Phil, welcome! I don’t know about clubs, but TrailsOffroad.com is my go to site for finding trails. There’s a few others out there as well, but it should give you a bunch of ideas. The FunTreks books also have good content. Both will also give you guidance about where to camp for your overlanding trips.

Your Jeep is plenty capable for most of what those sources have trails wise.
Thanks Mikej
This forum is great! I’ve gotten a lot of fantastic information here. I appreciate the tip about FunTreks.

See you out there!!!
Phil

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
HI Phil. Nice to meet you. I live in SF but we have a place in St Helena. My rig is based up there. I did Cow Mountain last year before the fires. I'm building up my 2 door, rubicon, soft top for overlanding. Gobi rack comes this week. James Baroud hard shell tent comes end of August. I have all the recovery gear and am installing full aluminum skid plates and metalcloak read diff cover.

I watched a video on Trail Recon recently about his trip to Lone Pine, CA and the Coyote Flats. Looks pretty cool. Eastern Sierras. about 7 hours from SF. I plan on doing this with a friend of mine and am looking for others who want to join. Most likely September time frame. Here is the video on the journey complete with GPS coordinates. 2 day, 1 night trip

Let me know if you want to go!

Peter
Sponsored