First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
While stopping by my dealer to say hello and see what was new in the lot I had the pleasure of seeing my first HellaYella Sahara. Better in person then I expected, it did bring back some memories of earlier attempts at yellow on earlier models. I remembered the XJ in yellow which was nearly impossible to get your hands on. IMHO I think they got the HellaYella, Mojito and Punk`n spot on. I still love my OceanBlue Metallic but seeing them lined up next to each other, I think it would be a difficult decision to make

74AF1A79-254A-4900-9C6B-794A475C2558.jpeg
Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
That's the only color I havent seen up close but it did look nice from a distance...local dealer had pumkin and mojito last time I went... 2dr 4cyl but bare bones sport....just auto....great colors also

snide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee
Don't care for Hellayella, but would do Punkin., which the wife doesn't like.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I have a firecracker red Sahara and don't like the chrome inserts on the grill. It's a minor thing. But I like the yellow HellaYella pic here.

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
We love our hella yella. The one thing we wished was that it was a little brighter. The LA auto show color looked a lot more yellow and I wish we had a little more brightness to it. However still love it regardless. I wanted mojito but the boyfriend scratched that :p so we agreed on Hella Yella!

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw HellaYella in person and it it SHARP. If that had been available it would have been a real possibility for me.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I dont like the sahara silver inserts on the grill/lights though. Black inserts would be nicer.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
upload_2018-10-14_16-54-8.png

are you guys related? Cousins maybe?

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Jeeep needs to lose the darn chrome. I painted mine the day I drove it home. Might have worked in the 90s, but not now. It just looks off when coupled with some of these colors.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Mojito! is terrible. Looks like Kermit the Frog and a sequin prom dress had a baby, and then the baby vomited.

But the Hella Yella is very nice and Punk'n is spot on. In the JK days we called these the "Skittles colors" but they do work on a Wrangler.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
That Yellow is even better with black accents instead of chrome. Chrome is just "not for me."
I agree. I have a firecracker red Sahara and don't like the chrome inserts on the grill. It's a minor thing. But I like the yellow HellaYella pic here.
Jeeep needs to lose the darn chrome. I painted mine the day I drove it home. Might have worked in the 90s, but not now. It just looks off when coupled with some of these colors.
What is this "Chrome" y'all are speaking of? Do you mean the Billet Silver inserts that aren't shiny in the least bit?

If you don't like them you don't like them and I won't fault you for that, but they sure aren't Chromium plated and match the billet silver paint on my Jeep exactly.
Sponsored