First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
At this point, I'm just hoping it won't be a late availability color for the 2019 MY... :crying:

Kathleen

First Name
Kathleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchasing 2018 Wrangler JL
I may be giving up and going Ocean Blue. Thought I would never say that but two dealerships have called and said they aren’t sure we will see Hella Yella this year:(

Sponsored

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
At this point, with the fact that's it's still not sown as an available color in any way on jeeps build pages or information pages....i would not be surprised to see the Hella Yella color succumb to the same fate as Nacho. They will be built, they will ship to dealers, they will be sold, but will never be available to order and produced in limited quantities.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
A few years ago they were talking about an acid yellow for the JK and it never happened.

Sponsored

Mimmy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
Still waiting too!!

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
It'll be made available on July 18th for the 2018 JL, and won't be available for 2019. Mark my words...:cwl::cwl::cwl:

*Note: If you're not tracking, last day for MY18 ordering is July 19th. Thus the joke...

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
leSabre
My 2011 JK was Detonator Yellow. There were not very many in the Phx area when it was time to buy. I really regret selling it. My 1st choice on another would be yellow as well followed by Ocean Blue. BUT with the 2 dash options and 2 interior choices some of it would just look off. I want a Rubicon this time and with the black and red, or tan interior choices I think the only real options are black and red exterior colors. With the red you do the black and with the black paint either the lack or tan would look good. Yellow with a tan interior just does not work. And why would I want a red and back interior with a huge red dash in front of me in a yellow Jeep. Some of what Jeep is doing just does not make sense. Hopefully come 2019 there will be more interior colors, when it launched the dash was supposed to match the exterior......

Last edited:

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
My 2011 JK was Detonator Yellow. There were not very many in the Phx area when it was time to buy. I really regret selling it. My 1st choice on another would be yellow as well followed by Ocean Blue. BUT with the 2 dash options and 2 interior choices some of it would just look off. I want a Rubicon this time and with the black and red, or tan interior choices I think the only real options are black and red exterior colors. With the red you do the black and with the black paint either the lack or tan would look good. Yellow with a tan interior just does not work. And why would I want a red and back interior with a huge red dash in front of me in a yellow Jeep. Some of what Jeep is doing just does not make sense. Hopefully come 2019 there will be more interior colors, when it launched the dash was supposed to match the exterior......
Really? I actually kinda like the red and yellow. Important to remember, the red is much less abrasive than it looks in pictures from the LA Auto Show (the reveal of the JL, haven't seen it anywhere since). Those fluorescent lights made it look crazy red, but as folks gave consistently noted on this forum, it looks much less abrasive in real life.

Can't tell you why for the life of me, but in definitely digging the yellow with red dash and black seats...
Sponsored