HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Neat pictures!

(Last time I was at about that elevation 10 years ago, I had a very bad case of altitude sickness. It was in another country, so it could have possibly been the food, but I suspect it was altitude sickness.)

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Neat pictures!

(Last time I was at about that elevation 10 years ago, I had a very bad case of altitude sickness. It was in another country, so it could have possibly been the food, but I suspect it was altitude sickness.)
My wife used to get altitude sickness starting at around 10k, Boost oxygen has helped her immensely and now we can hit 11k without her needing it, shooting for 12k next. The key to getting over altitude sickness for most people is exposure, having canned oxygen helps you stay at altitude longer while your body adapts (and not feeling as sick) and then slowly increasing the altitudes over time, you have to train your body for it. It's not something you breathe through constantly, you'd be amazed at how much better you can feel with just a couple of puffs of oxygen at altitude. If you have any medical conditions that could contribute to altitude sickness, I would recommend talking with a physician prior to starting any altitude training.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club s-l1600

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
My wife used to get altitude sickness starting at around 10k, Boost oxygen has helped her immensely and now we can hit 11k without her needing it, shooting for 12k next. The key to getting over altitude sickness for most people is exposure, having canned oxygen helps you stay at altitude longer while your body adapts (and not feeling as sick) and then slowly increasing the altitudes over time, you have to train your body for it. It's not something you breathe through constantly, you'd be amazed at how much better you can feel with just a couple of puffs of oxygen at altitude. If you have any medical conditions that could contribute to altitude sickness, I would recommend talking with a physician prior to starting any altitude training.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club s-l1600
Thanks, good recommendation! Come to think of it, I was in Switzerland on vacation 3 years ago and we went up to the top lookout of one of the mountains, and I even did a little physical activity beyond just walking, and I was fine. Maybe I was just in better shape 3 years ago than 10 years ago. I did weigh about 10-15 lbs less. I had read that even those in good physical shape can suffer altitude sickness, but maybe that's not really the truth and was just the answer I wanted to read at the time!

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I do find myself taking pics a lot. You just don't see any Hella's around here. In the 2+ months I've had her I've saw one other yellow Jeep, a 2 door.

She beams like a gem in the parking lots crammed with white, black, gray and dark red cars.

20211211_103338.jpg

Sponsored

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
We agree - 'CAN'T have too much Yellow'...

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club JL-hella-yella-set
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Hell-installed

JL no mercy  2.jpg

JL-Graphics-2.jpg

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
T-minus ~2 weeks before my '21 Hella heads to Carvana to find herself a new home.

Be a great stock rig for someone looking for the most beautiful Wrangler color. Interested to see how much they mark her up. I'm gonna say $6K.

Best part is her color, the worst part is her color.

Easy to find in a parking lot, but in a smaller rural area with no other Hella's around, too easy for everyone to keep track of me. "Hey, I saw you were at xxxxxx Monday"

Can you find her, the shining gem, amongst this sea of black, white and gray?

20211215_153524.jpg
Sponsored