Sponsored

HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
My 21' JLU stripper Hella Sport went on order 3 weeks ago, right before they discontinued the color. Stuck in D status still.

Like a dummy I've been scouring the forum in the meantime and have convinced myself the paint job is gonna suck.

You fellas and gals with Hella 2021s, how's ur paint look?

stoner

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Forester- 2000 Ranger- 650 KLR
Occupation
Retired and loving it...
I have a 21 yellow, v-6, 8 spd auto, 2 dr,. The paint, so far is in good shape, 8000 miles and no problems

iamthestig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
My 21' JLU stripper Hella Sport went on order 3 weeks ago, right before they discontinued the color. Stuck in D status still.

Like a dummy I've been scouring the forum in the meantime and have convinced myself the paint job is gonna suck.

I picked mine up this past Monday and my paint is GREAT! And I'm about as picky as they come. I went over it with a fine-toothed comb.

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

I bought a used 2018 JLR with 8K miles, Jeep now has 17K all Arizona miles. No issues with the paint so far...

I didn't know there was an issue with the paint... is the issue specific to a year?

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a used 2018 JLR with 8K miles, Jeep now has 17K all Arizona miles. No issues with the paint so far...

I didn't know there was an issue with the paint... is the issue specific to a year?
Oh yes I remember those issues with my 2013 JKU , the paint bubbles on and around the hood and door hinges always bothered me. UGH ... By the way it was a Metallic Silver color...

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I have a piece of debris on the inside of my rear tailgate.

Last edited:

TJHUB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My '21 has what seems perfect paint except between the rear tailgate hinge and panel where I can see the paint is too thin. Overall, I'm satisfied, and I'm a very picky a-hole.