Sponsored

HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

BillB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep HellaYella Sahara. 3.6L 8-Speed.
I bought the dual tops and although I like the hardtop, living in Southern Arizona the soft top offers far more flexibility. I love pulling the windows out and putting the top down. I did add a JTopsUSA shade to protect my bald redhead skin from the sun to some degree. When I buy another Jeep it will be with the premium soft top only. The only benefit of having both is that U-Haul will not rent you a trailer unless you have a hardtop.
I think this is really geography-dependent. I live in Vermont and have the hardtop on from late October to early or mid-May, depending on the spring weather. Swapping the hard top for soft top is reasonably easy, though for some storage might be an issue. If I lived in a different part of the country I might go soft top all year. But I can't imagine never having the soft top to put down in the warmer months.
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
A few months in to the purchase of our 2019 JLRU my wife has decided that she wants the Hellayella Hard Top and Fenders rather than the black. Is there anyone that's interested in trading or are there any suggestions on the best way to procure a new Hellayella Hard Top short of going through Mopar ($3200+) and having it painted later?

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg
You could check around and see if anyone with a Sahara wants to swap. Or check the for sale posts, craigslist, fb market, etc and see if someone is selling one. The other option would be to have a local body shop repaint your top to match.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I bought the dual tops and although I like the hard top, living in Southern Arizona the soft top offers far more flexibility. I love pulling the windows out and putting the top down. I did add a JTopsUSA shade to protect my bald redhead skin from the sun to some degree. When I buy another Jeep it will be with the premium soft top only. The only benefit of having both is that U-Haul will not rent you a trailer unless you have a hard top.
Uhaul can suck a dong. Like a hard top offers any protection that the roll bar doesn’t. They pulled the same thing with me when I tried to rent a trailer with my Ford Explorer. Said nope Because of the whole Firestone,Explorer fiasco. Seriously, I tow a 28’ boat with this rig and you don’t think it’s safe to tow your 1k pound trailer?! Idiots.

I refuse to rent from them now and use Penske whenever I can.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I found some Rustoleum spray paint that is pretty darn close to Hella Yella that I've used on some interior trim. Which now has me thinking about some exterior work too. Has anyone painted their front (and/or back) tow hooks to match the body color? Any pics?

Sponsored