HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Picked her up July 21. Dealer installed Mopar 2” lift that yielded 2.75. Straight to the tire store for 295/70-18’s. She now stands 6’5” tall.

8DE790B5-FE02-4EC2-9820-8E6D323C8FCB.jpeg
Are those factory rims? I'm looking at this tire size on stock rim and wondering if any suspension or steering parts rub?
Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I envy the Hella Yella club. I looked and looked for one optioned the way I wanted but couldn't find one within 500 miles. Ones I found were more heavily optioned & unwilling to deal. Ordering one meant full MRSP here. I settled on my targeted JL Sport found on the lot optioned exactly as I wanted but in Billet Silver with a good discount. I went from a corvette to this long-time bucket list wrangler. After seeing the new C8.R Corvette Race Car in silver with yellow stripes I was inspired to at least get the feel of Hella Yella from the cockpit. No, it's not the same but as good as I can get. I still envy the Hella Yella club and every Hella Yella JL I see which is far and few between. I do love seeing nothing but yellow out the windshield. Enjoy your Hella Yella JLs, the best color choice.
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Sept 20 Jeep 100_5074.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club Sept 20 Jeep 100_5086.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a lot of yellow in this shot... but the location was beautiful.
Looking at that photo again got me wondering. So I pulled up population density by zip code.
At this location, it's shown as <1 person per square mile. :LOL:
And I believe it. Other than the vehicles on the road, I think you could walk 10-15 miles in any direction here and not see a single person.

By comparison, I saw a spot in Manhatten, east of central park, with 165,800 people per square mile! Which is about 1 person every 13-FT.

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
First post and my first Wrangler. Wife and I picked this 2019 up last month with only 12k miles. It is a 3.6 with an automatic. Love it so far!

edited to add: Now I need to sort out all the different options for a lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club IMG_1582 2

Last edited:

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Hella Yellas.... question for those who take their jeeps into the woods. I'm seriously contemplating putting in a factory order in a MY21 Hella Yella Rubicon unlimited. What has your experience been like regarding pin striping, and how apparent it is with this paint code?

I live in Virginia, so most (read: all) of our trails are in dense forests. I'm currently in a MY18 Billet Silver and pin striping is actually pretty well disguised in the metallic paint. Who knew scratched clear coat matched Billet Silver so well.

Sponsored

golfe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 3.6
Just got my 2021, glad to join the club. 1st MOD will be Rock Slide Engineering Rock Slider Steps (Ordered), then MetalCloak Game Changer 2.5" lift/37" tires and wheels.
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club yella

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just got my 2021, glad to join the club. 1st MOD will be Rock Slide Engineering Rock Slider Steps (Ordered), then MetalCloak Game Changer 2.5" lift/37" tires and wheels.
Jeep Wrangler JL HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club yella
Congrats! Looks great! I just finalized my order last night for a 2021 JLUR Hella Yella. Now the wait begins!

21RubiconZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2007 VN2000
My 21 JLR 2 door is built and on the train. Can't wait, these look great!
Sponsored