Sponsored

Heigh10 Owners, What front Camera?

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I am upgrading to a Heigh10 because my 8.4 UConnect (which has always had occasional glitches) went crazy and is constantly pushing it's own buttons randomly. Unusable. Before installation, I figured it was a good time to add a front camera. Which one works well with this unit (since it can accept HD, unlike the UConnect)? @Mike - Stinger Off-Road
Sponsored

Last edited:

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I am upgrading to a Heigh10 because my 8.4 UConnect (which has always had occasional glitches) went crazy and is constantly pushing it's own buttons randomly. Unusable. Before installation, I figured it was a good time to add a front camera. Which one works well with this unit (since it can accept HD, unlike the UConnect)? @Mike - Stinger Off-Road
The Stinger only accepts HD for the rear camera, the front would have to be one that plugs into a RCA connector like the one connectors in the pic I have below. The camera cost about $15 on Amazon, just make sure you are buying a FRONT facing camera, as the first camera I bought was a rear facing and on the screen everything was backwards. The left was on the right, and the right was on the left, lol. Most people mount there camera in the grill where the factory camera would go, which is fine for most, bit for me it gets my bumper hoop gets in the way, so I mounted mine just under my winch fairlead, and angled it down, I'm not using it to see on coming traffic, I'm using it so when my front end is creating over a parking stump and the local mall I can use the camera to look down over the crest so I can see what on the other side, since all I can see from where I'm sitting is good, and sky. The front camera gives my Mall Rating so much more cred. Lol.

IMG_20210207_084953691.jpg

IMG_20210207_085043918.jpg

IMG_20210115_114659244_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much. I ended up buying the same camera and mounted low also. Your mall-crawler cred is further enhanced by the to-go cup in the bumper hoop. Great looking Jeep!

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Thanks so much. I ended up buying the same camera and mounted low also. Your mall-crawler cred is further enhanced by the to-go cup in the bumper hoop. Great looking Jeep!
Yeah, that cup rode with me from Louisville, Ky to Evansville, In almost a 2 hour drive, lol.

ashmore1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
Yeah, that cup rode with me from Louisville, Ky to Evansville, In almost a 2 hour drive, lol.
how did you wire the camera to the heigh10? did you use the small red wires on the extention cable or just the video wire and then the 12v power cable?

Sponsored

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i used the power wires on the heigh10 and then the av plug (didn't use the red trigger wire) But it isn't working, so will call stinger and check

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
how did you wire the camera to the heigh10? did you use the small red wires on the extention cable or just the video wire and then the 12v power cable?
I ran the the video wire to the radio, and used the red wire, the little extension wire to the camera power on the harness on the back of the Heigh10, and found a ground on the front of the Jeep near wear I place the camera. The trigger wires are only to receive a signal to turn the camera on if you want ed camera to be triggered by speed, turn signal, lights, whatever you decide. Also you have to go into the setting to turn the camera on and set it for what position on the vehicle you want it set to look at.

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @avnmech , I am really lost here. So you ran the + power on the red 'trigger' wire that is with the RCA plug and then to a ground on the front of the vehicle? So you did not connect to the 'trigger wire' on the heigh10, but instead to one of the "camera power" outputs? I wish I had a picture. I need to just put a meter on all the wires, but it's been too cold to work on it the past 2 weeks.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hey @avnmech , I am really lost here. So you ran the + power on the red 'trigger' wire that is with the RCA plug and then to a ground on the front of the vehicle? So you did not connect to the 'trigger wire' on the heigh10, but instead to one of the "camera power" outputs? I wish I had a picture. I need to just put a meter on all the wires, but it's been too cold to work on it the past 2 weeks.
Yes do not use the trigger wires. You have to go into the installer setting to set up the camera leads, to say what lead, 1,2,3,4 does what, like my set up lead 4 is set to the front camera. Hope this helps.

ReneJ

First Name
Renato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JEEP Wrangler JKU 2.8 CRD Diesel
Hi and Dear Everybody. I’m installing Heigh10 on my 2014JKU 2.8 CRD with matching rear view camera. My choice for front view camera, an E-KYLIN AUTO VEHICLE AUTOMOTIVE CAR FRONT VIEW CAMERA FORWARD CAM WITH NO GRID LINES NON MIRROR IMAGE (LYSB017GC4GTA), unfortunately is unavailable right now. Any suggestion from the group of a next best match camera for my new set? Help is earnestly solicited and appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored