Heavy Duty Rock Sliders for JLUR not listed in order guide

Sine Language

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm going through the 2020 January order guide and I don't see the option of adding Heavy Duty Rock Sliders to the JLUR. I could have sworn I have seen people post on here of having these added to their Rubicon (stock).

I'm getting the 3.6 engine thus a Recon order is not an option (the Recon package has the rock sliders). Has anyone actually be able to order a Rubicon with these options?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm going through the 2020 January order guide and I don't see the option of adding Heavy Duty Rock Sliders to the JLUR. I could have sworn I have seen people post on here of having these added to their Rubicon (stock).

I'm getting the 3.6 engine thus a Recon order is not an option (the Recon package has the rock sliders). Has anyone actually be able to order a Rubicon with these options?
I don't ever recall them as an option, at least on the JK (I'm new to JL). My Hard Rock came with "Enhanced Rock Sliders", but the regular Rubicon (and several special models) came with regular sliders. [Sahara comes with plastic steps]. I believe that they either came with your Jeep, or not, but there was no option to add them if they didn't. All from recollection; I could be totally wrong.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

A few things: no, you can not order a Rubi with the Performance Rock Rails (for some reason-marketing-they changed the name for the Recon, but they are the same) which come standard on the Recon (and the Maob when it was available); the Performance (Heavy Duty) Rock Rails are in no way more "heavy duty" than the standard Rubicon rock rails, they just offer a bit of step assist and some running board-type protection for the rear fenders; they are available from Mopar (and many others) for between $830 and $925) and are very easy to install, and you can sell your Rubi rock rails for a quick $100; finally, if you sign up for the Jeep credit card and use it for your down payment, you'll get a $100 statement credit and 5X points per dollar spent at a Jeep dealer (including the down payment), which gets you a $100 reward for every 10,000 points, which doubles to $200 if you spend those points at a dealership. In other words, a $2000 down payment charged on the card gets you a $100 statement credit and 10,000 points which gets you $200 to spend on rock rails. A $4000 down payment gets you $400 to spend. Plus, any purchase at a Jeep dealer over $499 (?) gets 12 months interest free.

OP
OP

Sine Language

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A few things: no, you can not order a Rubi with the Performance Rock Rails (for some reason-marketing-they changed the name for the Recon, but they are the same) which come standard on the Recon (and the Maob when it was available); the Performance (Heavy Duty) Rock Rails are in no way more "heavy duty" than the standard Rubicon rock rails, they just offer a bit of step assist and some running board-type protection for the rear fenders; they are available from Mopar (and many others) for between $830 and $925) and are very easy to install, and you can sell your Rubi rock rails for a quick $100; finally, if you sign up for the Jeep credit card and use it for your down payment, you'll get a $100 statement credit and 5X points per dollar spent at a Jeep dealer (including the down payment), which gets you a $100 reward for every 10,000 points, which doubles to $200 if you spend those points at a dealership. In other words, a $2000 down payment charged on the card gets you a $100 statement credit and 10,000 points which gets you $200 to spend on rock rails. A $4000 down payment gets you $400 to spend. Plus, any purchase at a Jeep dealer over $499 (?) gets 12 months interest free.
I never even knew there was a Jeep credit card :LOL: As you noted, the only reason I was interested in these was for the step assist. In all likelihood, I'll probably buy some after market ones instead, since there are other options out there.

Curious though, where does someone sell parts they don't need/want anymore, as you mentioned I could sell the rock rails that come with the Rubi.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I never even knew there was a Jeep credit card :LOL: As you noted, the only reason I was interested in these was for the step assist. In all likelihood, I'll probably buy some after market ones instead, since there are other options out there.

Curious though, where does someone sell parts they don't need/want anymore, as you mentioned I could sell the rock rails that come with the Rubi.
I've has excellent luck on Craigslist. That said, I've been known to meet the purchasers away from my house. Not sure why - cautious, I guess.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

I sold my Rubi rails and a pet barrier right on this forum, under "Marketplace". One I shipped after getting paid via Paypal, one was local and I included installation. Most things sell pretty quickly here, if you're reasonable.

grostage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L ecodiesel
Occupation
Millwright/Welder
I removed my factory rails and bought the "performance rock rails" mainly to try and give my door hinges a chance at surviving the constant rock firng squad they were enduring..seems to be working. they were expensive $1400 CAD but the fit and finish are excellent. i dont think theyd hold up to much abuse as they are not frame mounted but they hold my weight 260lbs...i think they only come stock on MOAB and the recon uses the factory rubicon rails with a tube welded to it...these are better in my opinion..
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty Rock Sliders for JLUR not listed in order guide unnamed
Sponsored