Sponsored

Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist? [Willy’s]

mggadoury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot High Altitude (Granite Crystal)
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of possibly ordering a Willys (still so indecisive about that or the sport altitude for a smoother ride - any input on that as well?!).

Anyway, I really want the rock rail protection but also a step so some of my family can get in the vehicle easily. Anyone have the heavy duty rock slider with step assist? Is it good? Worth the nearly 900 dollar upgrade it is now? Any cheaper alternatives out there?

Thanks!
Sponsored

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.
I have it and like it. It's more of a half step but by placing my left foot on it sideways and swinging my right foot in it works great. Seems to be keeping rocks from dinging the door hinges too. My wife on the other hand thinks the step is too high so I bought Rock-Slide Engineering's slider with e-step and give it a try.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubi
Yup, I have them.

It's a bit of a stretch to call them 'heavy duty,' and it's a bit of a stretch to call them a 'step,' but still they'll work in both regards. I don't use them as a step, choosing instead to kinda hop in, but my wife twists her foot so that she can step on them to get up in, like Finn describes above.

Still, I'm glad I have them. They fit the overall appearance, don't degrade any capability (like a true step might), and keep the wife happy enough not to bitch when I say I'm driving. ;)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I have it and like it. It's more of a half step but by placing my left foot on it sideways and swinging my right footer in it works great. Seems to be keeping rocks from dinging the door hinges too. My wife on the other hand thinks the step is too high so I bought Rock-Slide Engineering's slider with e-step and give it a try.
Agree with the first part, but to eliminate possible wire issues my wife will have to live with the half step. Yep, I’m an inconsiderate jerk.😉

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I went with the Westin triple tube step/rock slider units. I wanted something that bolted to the frame, not the pinch weld seam on the body to avoid rocker panel damage.

The Westin # is 42-6025. Here are some pics of them on my Willys:

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist? [Willy’s] Jack Mount 05

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist? [Willy’s] Jack Mount 01

Here is an ad photo from Westin's website:

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist? [Willy’s] westin-snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jk-42-6025-main_0

They look good and perform well. My vertically challenged wife loves 'em. ;)

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I went with the Westin triple tube step/rock slider units. I wanted something that bolted to the frame, not the pinch weld seam on the body to avoid rocker panel damage.

The Westin # is 42-6025. Here are some pics of them on my Willys:

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist? [Willy’s] westin-snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jk-42-6025-main_0

Here is an ad photo from Westin's website:

They look good and perform well. My vertically challenged wife loves 'em. ;)
I especially like your patio furniture
Sponsored