Heavy Duty End Links??

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
Same here. I started with the SteerSmarts ones back before I knew what I was doing. Once I got my knowledge built up and realized that they were countering my goals, I swapped them out for the No Limits links. Now I'm using the front and rear Antirocks, which also utilize heim joints because they always remain connected regardless of on or off road.

I know you know all of this, CT. It's more for the others that have posted in this thread, who have made it obvious that they aren't very familiar with suspension travel. And I'm not at all knocking that, as we all start from the beginning. Fortunately we have this forum to help us help each other to get our knowledge up.
Luckily I was schooled by @Roky on the benefits of misalignment to squeeze out more articulation and flex.
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? 333D230E-EBC7-412F-8928-3BF6EFEAD4E1
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily I was schooled by @Roky on the benefits of misalignment to squeeze out more articulation and flex.
333D230E-EBC7-412F-8928-3BF6EFEAD4E1.jpeg
Exactly. There's nothing at all wrong with sway links that have the traditional rubber bushing end links, when they are being disconnected for offroad use. The No Limits links are only needed for Rubicons with edisconnect.

And I couldn't agree more when it comes to Roky. He's quite an awesome dude!
Just being long enough to keep the sway bar from flipping is first. Beyond that, I’m not sure that it matters if you’re physically disconnecting them. But for the Rubicon electronic disconnect where the links stay attached at each end and the sway disconnects in the middle, the articulation matters. I learned that here from @Roky who schooled me along the way.
:blush: …………..🍻

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
When a Jeep is built up to have more articulation than stock or mopar, and the front sway bar links are not being physically disconnected, heim joints are a necessity. They provide the amount of misalignment that won't limit total suspension travel, which a conventional end link can't.

The Rubicons edisconnect was designed with ease and convenience in mind, but it's very design is what limits articulation when paired with flexible lifts like Metalcloak and Rock Krawler. Hence the No Limits links pictured above. They were specifically designed to be used with the Rubicons edisconnect and not impede total suspension travel.

Personally, I wouldn't be so quick to discount the No Limits links. They serve a great purpose with the more serious setups.
I read through all the initial posts waiting to find this one and it didn’t disappoint! 🫡

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ridiculous looking no limits for the win!……

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? tenor (6)
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? tenor (6)
Are those the 3”-5” model I’m guessing?

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
I would love to know at what shock length exactly the claimed bind occurs limiting further droop. In addition how much additional "droop" these allow past that point. Does anyone have any measurements ?

In fairness Rock Krawlers own promotional video calls them ridiculous.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to know at what shock length exactly the claimed bind occurs limiting further droop. In addition how much additional "droop" these allow past that point. Does anyone have any measurements ?

In fairness Rock Krawlers own promotional video calls them ridiculous.
Not all links bind and restrict droop, MC for instance will droop out.. the main problem is the bushings wear out quick if you wheel as often as we do… my buddy has already trashed his MC bushings in less than a year.
He now runs no limits…

The no limits aren’t for everyone, and to be honest, if you’re not drooping 29” and up these won’t be as big of a benefit…….

I just wanted to post pic of how much misalignment goes on at 31” ext length shocks……..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not all links bind and restrict droop, MC for instance will droop out.. the main problem is the bushings wear out quick if you wheel as often as we do… my buddy has already trashed his MC bushings in less than a year.
He now runs no limits…

The no limits aren’t for everyone, and to be honest, if you’re not drooping 29” and up these won’t be as big of a benefit…….

I just wanted to post pick of how much misalignment goes on at 31” ext length shocks……..
Don’t lie. We all know that you waste money on ridiculous poser gear for your pavement princess. We all kind of snicker behind your back about it whenever you’re not around. @Headbarcode even theorized that the alleged “mud” we see on your vehicle is probably just intricately designed and placed decals, and that your “flex” photos are digitally manipulated fakes taken on the same sound stage where the Apollo moon landings were staged.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t lie. We all know that you waste money on ridiculous poser gear for your pavement princess. We all kind of snicker behind your back about it whenever you’re not around. @Headbarcode even theorized that the alleged “mud” we see on your vehicle is probably just intricately designed and placed decals, and that your “flex” photos are digitally manipulated fakes taken on the same sound stage where the Apollo moon landings were staged.
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? EFFBF1AB-8D7A-49DE-ACB7-B395F8524F0E

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
When a Jeep is built up to have more articulation than stock or mopar, and the front sway bar links are not being physically disconnected, heim joints are a necessity. They provide the amount of misalignment that won't limit total suspension travel, which a conventional end link can't.

The Rubicons edisconnect was designed with ease and convenience in mind, but it's very design is what limits articulation when paired with flexible lifts like Metalcloak and Rock Krawler. Hence the No Limits links pictured above. They were specifically designed to be used with the Rubicons edisconnect and not impede total suspension travel.

Personally, I wouldn't be so quick to discount the No Limits links. They serve a great purpose with the more serious setups.
YOU! You shut up right now! Not another word. You already cost me $400 on brackets this weekend.

STOP IT!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
YOU! You shut up right now! Not another word. You already cost me $400 on brackets this weekend.

STOP IT!
Don't worry, that was last weekend and there's another one coming very soon. What you really want are front and rear Antirocks. Not only would you never have to worry about hitting that pesky button all the time, but think of all the tablespoons of fuel that could be saved by being able to delete the sway bar edisconnect motor and its skid plate.

Plus, zero ridiculousness...

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? 20210815_141454
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? 20210816_101415
Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy Duty End Links?? 20210816_101653

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Don't worry, that was last weekend and there's another one coming very soon. What you really want are front and rear Antirocks. Not only would you never have to worry about hitting that pesky button all the time, but think of all the tablespoons of fuel that could be saved by being able to delete the sway bar edisconnect motor and its skid plate.

Plus, zero ridiculousness...

Yeah, I had an AR on my TJ. It worked well. I would consider a set for the JL but I am REALLY pleased with the on and off road performance / handling now so Im not super motivated to make that upgrade.
Sponsored