Sponsored

Heavy-Duty brakes vs Rubicon brakes

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I would try these Hawk LTS pads (F&R). I think it's the simplest way to get significant brake performance increase without really modifying anything. They will create more black dust, but the benefit will outweigh the inconvenience, if you need more braking power.

Hawk Performance Brakes for 2019 Jeep Wrangler - JL - w/ 342mm Rear Ro - Hawk Pads Direct
@Joeee I would certainly give the pads a try before trying other options, won't cost too much if you can source them in your country, EBC Green Stuff Pads should also be a similar performing pad.
Sponsored

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
@Joeee I would certainly give the pads a try before trying other options, won't cost too much if you can source them in your country, EBC Green Stuff Pads should also be a similar performing pad.
I had to reply just because I saw your avatar. šŸ¤˜

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy-Duty brakes vs Rubicon brakes 9A163F60-6FC3-4384-96A4-482F1BB4B8B5

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had to reply just because I saw your avatar. šŸ¤˜

Jeep Wrangler JL Heavy-Duty brakes vs Rubicon brakes 9A163F60-6FC3-4384-96A4-482F1BB4B8B5
Took a bit, but the boys are playing pretty good right now, that power play is amazing. So happy w/ Gorgy in net, what a huge upgrade from Darcy. Should be a fun run again this year :) Only able to get up to Ball arena once this year but should be a good one, the Oilers in February :)

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Took a bit, but the boys are playing pretty good right now, that power play is amazing. So happy w/ Gorgy in net, what a huge upgrade from Darcy. Should be a fun run again this year :) Only able to get up to Ball arena once this year but should be a good one, the Oilers in February :)
Georgie has been unbelievable!! Iā€™m proud of how they have persevered with all the injuries! Canā€™t wait for everyone to get healthy. Iā€™ve got a 10 game package so Iā€™m stoked! Iā€™ve got 3 games in December to look forward to.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Georgie has been unbelievable!! Iā€™m proud of how they have persevered with all the injuries! Canā€™t wait for everyone to get healthy. Iā€™ve got a 10 game package so Iā€™m stoked! Iā€™ve got 3 games in December to look forward to.
NICE! So many of the second tier players have been filling the void so well. Wish we could get up there for a few more games, maybe playoff time, so maybe :)

Sponsored

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
NICE! So many of the second tier players have been filling the void so well. Wish we could get up there for a few more games, maybe playoff time, so maybe :)
Great for depth! Might be a really good thing moving forward. Iā€™m excited for the rest of the season.

Joeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler TJ Stroker / Wrangler JLU 3.6
When it's possible with a rosnable price. I would like to stay with "normal" calipers and disc". That the raison why I like the upgrade with bigger disc and pison for the rear. Do you know what are the references numbers of the separates parts of these bigger rear brakes. I can combinate with better pads too

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
If your looking for larger brakes look at the APB big brake kit. I installed it on my wifeā€™s Rubicon with 35ā€ and she stops great!

How much does that kit run?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
Can you use parts from another Jeep brand model? Still, I don't believe you will get a significant brake performance increase by changing rear brakes. My guess is that you'd be better off trying to increase the vacuum for the vacuum brake booster. The diesel Wrangler uses two electric vacuum pumps (instead of one for gas engines) in series. If you can increase the vacuum by a substantial amount, your pedal pressure braking performance will increase until you reach fading from high pad/rotor temperatures. If you're concerned with fading on the current brakes, try a high performance brake pad material. There are significant gains in the from pad materials, where OEM brakes fade. Even the EU brake police won't notice a change in brake pads.
Is this true? I have notice the diesel brakes a way different than most other vehicles I have driven

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Is this true? I have notice the diesel brakes a way different than most other vehicles I have driven
You can look it up in online mopar parts dealers by inputting the diesel model and searching for the vacuum pump(s).

But, my guess is the OP and many others are dealing with a spongy, low pedal caused by air in the ABS system. I know my current all OEM brakes are suffering from that.

While I'm intending to install the Teraflex Delta kit I have in the garage, I still need to bleed the ABS by activating the ABS pump numerous times during the bleeding process.

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
You can look it up in online mopar parts dealers by inputting the diesel model and searching for the vacuum pump(s).

But, my guess is the OP and many others are dealing with a spongy, low pedal caused by air in the ABS system. I know my current all OEM brakes are suffering from that.

While I'm intending to install the Teraflex Delta kit I have in the garage, I still need to bleed the ABS by activating the ABS pump numerous times during the bleeding process.
interesting, I donā€™t think the diesels suffer from that. When Iā€™m coming to a stop itā€™s like they are grabbing nice and if you continue the same pressure after a little bit it really grabs.It kind of makes sense is a dual pump just by how it acts.

andy396

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Someone with better parts knowledge can chime in but I know there are at least 5 packages for jeep brakes. These and two more, BRY, Willys/Sahara/Rubicon are BR6. High altitude BR5.

Was able to buy the BR6 package from jeep to replace the BRY. Came with calipers, rotors and pads. Are the other packages available from the parts department,.. IDK If they are some could have a different master cylinder too.
Are you saying that all you had to do was swap out the BRY calipers/pads/rotors in place of the BR6 components and it was as simple as that? Did the calipers come with the brackets also, or was it just the caliper itself?

Do your BR6 calipers look like these: CENTRIC 14167070 (rockauto.com) ?

I'm trying to figure out if upgrading to the BR6 rotors and calipers is possible for a BRY vehicle.

My inquiry is posted here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/converting-sport-s-to-hd-brakes-bry-to-br6.109542/

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Are you saying that all you had to do was swap out the BRY calipers/pads/rotors in place of the BR6 components and it was as simple as that? Did the calipers come with the brackets also, or was it just the caliper itself?

Do your BR6 calipers look like these: CENTRIC 14167070 (rockauto.com) ?

I'm trying to figure out if upgrading to the BR6 rotors and calipers is possible for a BRY vehicle.

My inquiry is posted here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/converting-sport-s-to-hd-brakes-bry-to-br6.109542/
There was a complete package for the conversion available from mopar (at least last year). I don't have the parts list or part number on hand atm.

What it boils down to is I wanted a freedom edition with my second choice being a Willys. Things I really wanted was steel front bumper (comes with freedom), bigger brakes (comes on Willys)
Brake kit was about $800 and a little more time consuming to install, while even take off bumpers are well over $1000.

So I had done some digging and it wasn't hard to find the brake kit. There were a few dealerships on ebay that had them too.
Sponsored