Heated seats and steering wheel?

Coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Never use it definitely not worth $1000 turn the heater on and the jeep's plenty warm in a few minutes.

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the cold weather group on my jlur. It was near freezing when I left the house this morning here in Oklahoma. The heated seats and steering wheel came on automatically when I started up. Made the morning drive even more enjoyable. The way I see it I may be able to drive with the doors and top off even when it’s a bit cooler out with heated.

I park in the garage at home. I have the remote start too but I have yet to use it but I’m sure I will soon with winter around the corner.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
As fall and winter settle into Kansas, I use them just about everyday. Yesterday the temperature dropped to 35 degrees. I opened the Sky One-Touch Power Top and turned up the main heater, steering wheel heater, the seat warmer and the audio. I kept the windows up.
My face was cold, and I stayed pretty warm, but the blast of fresh air was awesome.
A lot of aircraft are built here in Wichita, so we have a lot of air traffic. My drive to work takes me just past the edge of the runway. I always look forward to occasional crossing of plane directly overhead.
I probably would not drop the top, if I didn't have the seat and steering wheel heaters.

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Does anyone know why the jeeps temp probe would be near the engine, if that’s where it is. When I pull in my none heated garage on a 30 degree day, my heated seats won’t come on because the car reads 50. Apparently the engine heat is warming it up before it shuts down. The Jeep thinks it’s warm out every time.

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the cold weather group on my jlur. It was near freezing when I left the house this morning here in Oklahoma. The heated seats and steering wheel came on automatically when I started up. Made the morning drive even more enjoyable. The way I see it I may be able to drive with the doors and top off even when it’s a bit cooler out with heated.

I park in the garage at home. I have the remote start too but I have yet to use it but I’m sure I will soon with winter around the corner.
Please don't use your remote start with your Jeep if it is parked in attached garage. The CO (carbon monoxide) from the exhaust can kill you and your family if it seeps in to your house from a closed garage.

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Thanks for the warning. But I open the big door before I start it. Exhaust shoots out the door.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
100% get it! Now that it's getting cooler out, I used them everyday. I don't mind the cold, but it's great. Most of the time, I don't even turn on the heat, I'll just turn on the heated seats and I'm good. I can't recommend them enough.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had heated seats in my vehicles since 2001. Back then, I thought it was stupid and would never use them, especially in the mild winters of Georgia. Boy was I wrong.
In 2013, I got heatedcsterringbwheel and cooled seats the first time. The heated wheel is great. The cooled seats, meh. They are alright but not necessarily a must have. I notice they hardly work until the car is cooled off and/or the windows are down. In my Jeep where I have the top off and doors off as much as possible, I imagine they'd be really ineffective.

The heated seats and wheel were a must have in my Jeep.

Sponsored

tmrobert8

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Having grown up in the midwest - I would have loved cars that had this. I'm now in NC and have fully lost my cold skin and I LOVE this option (turn it on whenever it drops below 50 - what a wuss I've become!)

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I went for the heated seats and steering wheel over the tow package! My wife and I love that heated steering wheel and we are in Texas.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I love it. The heated seats are great and the wife has her own controls on her side which is awesome as well. Plus it keeps her happy when I have the top open below 70 degrees.

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Please don't use your remote start with your Jeep if it is parked in attached garage. The CO (carbon monoxide) from the exhaust can kill you and your family if it seeps in to your house from a closed garage.
I will definitely not use the remote start while parked in garage. That is not necessary. I am not always parked inside (Work, store, etc...) Thanks for the advice though!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I absolutely LOVE my heated seats and steering wheel on my 2020 JLRU. They are wonderful, even in Texas!
Sponsored