Sponsored

Heated seats and steering wheel?

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
Love the heated steering wheel. Never had one before. could do without the seats but the steering wheel is awesome!
Sponsored

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I have it and live in the Phoenix Arizona area. Go figure! But I'm sure I'll use it in Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon this winter.

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
The cold weather group was a must have for my current JL. All my previous Jeeps 88YJ, 97TJ, 05TJ were bare bones no extras and manual. The cold is more difficult to handle as I get older, so I ordered an automatic to get the remote start, heated seats and steering wheel. It was really nice to have them last winter, but I do miss a manual transmission.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have it on mine, as I opted for cloth on purpose. I'm in Phoenix, Arizona, so that plays into the decision on my end.

If i were to get leather, i'd need to make sure it has heating and cooling, which on the wrangler, the cooling option is not there. So i just got cloth instead to not have to worry about hot leather in the AZ heat. On my wife's Grand Cherokee, we have heated and cool/ventilated seats, and use both, even in AZ (the heated seats we only use maybe 3 months of the year though)

Having said that, if i were anywhere that it got cold, then i for sure would want the heated steering wheel and seats. Why not? If it's available and affordable for you, get it! You don't want to regret it later, which is likely the case. If you get it, i highly doubt you'll regret getting it later.

Enjoy the Jeep!!

Elusive YETI

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
First time I climbed into my Jeep when it was 28 degrees out, I grabbed that heated steering wheel and pulled myself into that nice warm seat and I knew it was going to be a good day!

Sponsored

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I use my heated seats in the summer, with AC blasting. Nothing like heat on your back on the way home from work. On a cold day, this is even better. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I live in the Philly area and last winter I was glad I had it...Both automatically come on at 40 degrees or lower and each can be turned off...definitely get it

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
@Pkillian welcome (almost, I guess) to the Jeep family! I live just north of York! When you finally get your Jeep, PM me if you have any questions about places to go off-roading or Jeep clubs to join. I just got my first Jeep last year. That said, I’ve had heated seats in my last three vehicles, and heated steering wheel in the last 2 (total of about 11 years). I wouldn’t ever consider a vehicle that didn’t have either.
I live outside of Philly..Where else can I go offroading besides Aoaa and Raush that's not too much of a haul like aoaa?.
I am in Philadelphia and have the cold weather package. Love it!
Go Eagles

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It was 11 degrees this morning here in the cold state of winterfell....hahaha......thank god for heated seats and steering wheel.

(we're all so spoiled. My grandparents drove model a fords, haha)

ShereKahn

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-door Rubicon
Imagine yourself first good sunny day in the spring. It’s supposed to warm. So off comes the doors & top and you strike out for an amazing day on the trails. And it is Amazing! So much in fact it’s late when you start heading back. Except now the sun is setting and that huge ball of heat is going away and you have another 30 minutes down the highway at 70mph to get to the house. You look over and your wife is shivering and gives you that “fuck you asshole” look. You smile and hit the heater to max and turn on her heated seat. Soon that look goes away.

It may be an expense when getting your Jeep. But a happy wife is priceless.

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
This is my first vehicle and Jeep with the cold weather package. My husband has had it in his Ram 2500 and said I'll love it, but so far when it's come on I shut them off. What I really wanted was the heated mirrors that are in the package. Maybe I'll use them cause some mornings in NH are really cold but I doubt it.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I don’t have them, and let me say I wish I did have them.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I live outside of Philly..Where else can I go offroading besides Aoaa and Raush that's not too much of a haul like aoaa?
Famous Reading Outdoors

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
... If it's available and affordable for you, get it! You don't want to regret it later, which is likely the case. If you get it, i highly doubt you'll regret getting it later....
Great point. It's not really an option you'll regret getting, but absolutely one you may regret not getting..

It was 11 degrees this morning here in the cold state of winterfell....hahaha......thank god for heated seats and steering wheel.

(we're all so spoiled. My grandparents drove model a fords, haha)
Yes, we are spoiled aren't we. Not too long ago we didn't have cell phones, gps, or internet (among many other things like heated seats). I can't even imagine the things our grandchildren will have to make their lives easier or more comfortable.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great point. It's not really an option you'll regret getting, but absolutely one you may regret not getting..

Yes, we are spoiled aren't we. Not too long ago we didn't have cell phones, gps, or internet (among many other things like heated seats). I can't even imagine the things our grandchildren will have to make their lives easier or more comfortable.
True. It's pretty wild to think about. And I'm only 3 generations out from people living in homestead shacks with dirt floors and no plumbing (Montana). Trippy.
Sponsored