Sponsored

Heated seats and steering wheel?

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have them in Houston, there are just some mornings where it feels nice to have a heated wheel and seat.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I love them. I used them every time I get in it in the winter.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I live in Chicago so the winter can get cold. Heated seats have been in my last couple vehicles and they are great for those cold mornings. A heated steering wheel is even better. I never thought I needed one until I drove a vehicle with that option. Now I’ll never own a vehicle without it. They are a luxury that once you have them you wonder how you ever lived without them.
This^^^

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I am in Philadelphia and have the cold weather package. Love it!

Sponsored

acacia052

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited jl
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I live by Pittsburgh and honestly, the only part of the cold weather package that I even use is the heated mirrors. I could care less about the wheel and seats. That being said, the one thing I Do wish I had gotten was the towing package. Do yourself a favor and check that box

FrostArc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I have both in my JL. While in Portsmouth, VA and even here in Petaluma, CA they have been lifesavers. The steering wheel gets hot so I don't use it often or for very long, but a warm steering wheel helps the hands. Same for the seats. Even if it's just a cool morning, a nice warm seat even on low setting is a nice comfort. Big time uses are when the top and/or doors are off. If the weather isn't super warm or it takes awhile to warm up, the seats and especially the steering wheel help keep you and your hands warm until the weather can do it for you. Even at 70 degrees, if you get moving fast enough it can be kinda chilly in the car. I find it worth while and you never know what the weather is like where you go off-roading. If you travel into the hills or mountains it can cool down and you don't want to be left with cold hands and bottoms. Worth it all the way in my opinion

Jeeper2

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Pat
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Great for when your back hurts too,lol. Also nice to have when your nekked and it's chilly

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
It’s well worth the money! I use it just about every day during the winter months, and during the summer I use it for my back. It’s an option that I wouldn’t do without.

dds_71

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 JK Wrangler Willys Wheeler
I have a manual transmission so no remote start. That makes the heated seats that much better.

Sponsored

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

I live in Arizona. No need for heated seats or steering wheel here. However if Jeep offered cooled seats and steering wheels, I would have ordered them!

deaglejones

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I live in California... and moved here from the North East -- so clearly no need for the heated seats/wheel -- but I 100% love them, use them all the time (topless evenings at speed, etc.) The wheel heats up incredibly fast, can pretty much remove a chill from your hands on demand.

I have the 6speed, so have no idea about the remote start interactions

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
+1 get it. It's well worth it. This weekend I got stuck in a hail/rain storm on the way home from the hills. Hard top and panels were at home in the garage. So I turned on the heat to max, and the auto climate control kicked in the heated seat and steering wheel. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It’s a must have, IMO. Took my doors off on Saturday because forecast was perfect for that here in CT. This morning it was 50 when I needed to leave for work, but I knew it was going to warm up by the afternoon so I decided to leave them off. I put on a sweatshirt and turned on those heated seats and wheel, which made the 25 mile highway commute bearable.

Here’s how I looked when I arrived. (Toasty butt and hands not pictured.)

upload_2019-9-30_17-9-38.gif

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

Pat
Well you really kicked off a hot topic with this one. :giggle:

Seriously though. I absolutely love them. When I was shopping, I found a Mojito Sahara on the dealer lot with everything I wanted EXCEPT cold weather group. I almost bought it because I wanted the green, but my wife was smart enough to warn me that I'd regret not getting the heated seats.
I ended up ordering my JL. With my first pick of color (Mojito) unavailable I ordered in my #2 pick of color with the cold weather group. I'm here to tell you, they were worth giving up the color for. I use them all the time. Granted, I'm a freeze baby, and was wearing a hoodie yesterday, but even if you don't use them as early in the season as I do, they're absolutely a must have item.

....Also, Jeeps are known for their heat generation, albeit heater or heated seats. Both come on fast and strong. Out your way you will appreciate feeling that heat before ya get to the end of your block.
That's no joke. The heater pumps it out extremely fast in these things. I had no idea it was a "jeep thing".
Sponsored