Heated seats and steering wheel?

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I even use my heated seats and wheel in the summer.

Cooler evenings or mornings are much more comfortable topless with a little extra heat - extends the available window.

Both are really powerful too - hotter faster than any other I've owned.
Sponsored

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat

Hey man! I live in Lancaster and I use my heated seats all year round, just makes the driving so much more comfortable!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
I live in the Bay Area, CA, and have the heated seats and wheel. Yes, I dislike cold that much.

/story mode

Once upon a time, when I was young, we had an Ice Age, roundabout the very early '90s, (or was it the very late '80s?) and it was frosted over in Silicon Valley, stone frozen cold. I had to wear gloves just to touch the steering wheel of Mom's Bonneville Station wagon, and my fingers were still frozen stiff. Left me scarred for life, it did.

/cool story bro

I also have the engine block heater, just in case I ever venture that far north.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
Custom order your Jeep from a reputable Jeep dealer. Be very careful in your selection, obsess over everything, make a check list and check it twice. You will not regret it.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hate the dam things
The seats especially
With a MT they come on automatically below about 40 degrees?
I can never seem to remember to shut them off after I start

I know I’m in the minority but I dont even want to use them till about 10* or below

My wife loves them in her bimmer and in my jeep - its fine by me to have them I just wish they wouldnt turn on by themselves

Soory for the rant
I believe that the auto on per the temperature is something you can turn off in the settings.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Very impressed with your manliness.
I gave up manliness, I drive a JL now that has features once reserved for luxury vehicles!

What exactly was your point then? Why can't you "believe you live in a world" where wranglers have added features that otherwise don't detract from it's performance?
Point is that it’s weird that Wranglers even have these things as options. I’m too lazy to do this but it would be interesting to see a comparison of the wrangler’s MSRP and how it has grown over time, compared to the average new car transaction price and adjusted for inflation of course, and the number of features it has that are not directly related to off-road performance.

I would guess that it actually would be a favorable comparison for the wrangler just because of how the automobile market has evolved and what consumers expect to come standard.

The point I’m trying to make is that when you spend over a decade driving the most bare-bones of jeeps, and you skip the JK, and jump straight into a JLR (even one with very few options), it’s shocking how many creature comforts it has.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I gave up manliness, I drive a JL now that has features once reserved for luxury vehicles!

Point is that it’s weird that Wranglers even have these things as options. I’m too lazy to do this but it would be interesting to see a comparison of the wrangler’s MSRP and how it has grown over time, compared to the average new car transaction price and adjusted for inflation of course, and the number of features it has that are not directly related to off-road performance.

I would guess that it actually would be a favorable comparison for the wrangler just because of how the automobile market has evolved and what consumers expect to come standard.

The point I’m trying to make is that when you spend over a decade driving the most bare-bones of jeeps, and you skip the JK, and jump straight into a JLR (even one with very few options), it’s shocking how many creature comforts it has.
Creature comforts just add to more sales. Its as simple as that. FCA is in business to make money.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Creature comforts just add to more sales. Its as simple as that. FCA is in business to make money.
This is true. As does offering a four-door variant, which saved the wrangler starting in ‘07 right before the recession. I shudder to think what could have happened if the JK had been two-door only.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
This is true. As does offering a four-door variant, which saved the wrangler starting in ‘07 right before the recession. I shudder to think what could have happened if the JK had been two-door only.
I live in a place where its mandatory that all wheels are available to contribute to forward motion every once in a while. We have always had Subarus and Audis. As the Wrangler became more "refined" , I started to gravitate toward them. I love the design , and its ability to negotiate Vermont winters. If it was still a raw vehicle without the typical creature comforts, found in todays vehicles , I wouldnt own one.

Sponsored

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
Both get used in Pittsburgh. Steering wheel actually gets hotter than hell.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5

Pat
I use it every day in the winter. Plus, you married? Wifey's butt gets a vote here.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a great luxury that I wouldn’t do without if buying new / ordering, especially as a stand alone option. If I found the right deal on a used vehicle I’d be ok without.
Sponsored