Heated seats and steering wheel?

kez229

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S 4Dr
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
Yes, get it they are so nice!

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
We're relatively mild around here, but days like today when it's 40 in the morning and 68 in the afternoon heated seats and steering are a perfect way to keep warm with the top off when I'm dropping the kids at school. Haven't had the opportunity yet but I think I'm going to appreciate them when I'm snow wheeling this winter.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone else see the irony in heating seats and effectively freezing headlights with the LED package? ;)

So when I'm stuck in Conifer w headlights that won't melt off at least I can melt my posterior....

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing so no big loss I suppose. Beware; once you have it, you'll never want to go through another winter without it. No heated seats is a deal breaker for my wife, the chronically cold Admiral Obvious.
Damn how'd you get the rank of Captain?

My gf is Supreme Leader SWMBO Obvious - I don't think I even get a title except maybe "dumbass", with my primary worth seemingly being opening jars of applesauce with my bare hands...

Sponsored

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
Damn how'd you get the rank of Captain?

My gf is Supreme Leader SWMBO Obvious - I don't think I even get a title except maybe "dumbass", with my primary worth seemingly being opening jars of applesauce with my bare hands...
20 years of yes dears.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Thanks to all of you who responded! It looks like I'll be getting heated seats and a steering wheel! I guess it's definitely better to have it and not need it than to wish you did have it! You guys rock!
The heated seats are also great this time of year. I live about an hour east of you, when I drove to work this morning, temperature was about 50 degrees out (35 mile commute on the Pa Turnpike). I have been running my soft top safari style (no back or side windows but top up), it does get cool in the morning ride on the turnpike going 75-80, even with the door windows up, but the heated seats make things much more comfortable. Heated seats can definitely extend top down season. Heated steering works great in the winter.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
They were one of my “must have” options. The wife is especially fond of them.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
This post is killing me.. one of the options I did not get and wish I did! Along with proximity locks although without doors that really is not an issue.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Yep... you gotta order it with the Cold Weather package. So comfortable on a cold morning, even in Texas!

Sponsored

Cwg33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2024 2-door Willy’s
In the Northwest, the Cold Weather Package was table stakes for any new Jeep. With that, I didn’t think I needed the remote start, but it has been awesome. The Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop, Remote Start with Cold Weather Package all has the Jeep prepped for immediate takeoffs on cool damp mornings.

Harper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Black and Tan
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
Bought my first jeep last month, I use the heated seats and steering wheel pretty regularly. Top down and doors off can get a touch chilly at times, but my family (and i) live it, so we'll just put on a hoodie and rock. The seat and steering wheel warning is really nice to have.

Also, just generally, once you own a car with a heated steering wheel, you will never be able to go back. This is my 2nd (3rd if you count my wifes ride)

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Heated seats are nice, but not a necessity for me. The heated wheel, on the other hand, is a game changer! I find that when my hands warm up the rest of me does too. One thing I did do was turn off the setting to have the warmers turn on automatically. I only need them on when it's well below freezing, so I'd find myself driving along wondering why I was getting so hot when it was 35 degrees out.

Lockheed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW X4
Hate the dam things
The seats especially
With a MT they come on automatically below about 40 degrees?
I can never seem to remember to shut them off after I start

I know I’m in the minority but I dont even want to use them till about 10* or below

My wife loves them in her bimmer and in my jeep - its fine by me to have them I just wish they wouldnt turn on by themselves

Soory for the rant