Heated seats and steering wheel?

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Used to think heated steering wheels were a stupid gimmick.

Until I used one. haha They are pretty damn nice. No gloves needed. Even better if you have stiff fingers (old injuries in my case), the heat does wonders on a cold day.

BerttheJLU

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU; 1999 TJ
My wife loves the heated seats. She is always cold and added this option to help adjust to the colder mornings from camping. I personally could care less UNTIL I used the heated seat as a heating pad for a sore back....NOW I am super happy we added the feature.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I love the cold weather package with the bum warmers! I’m in Sacramento, which is warmer than where you are. The heated seats and wheel help extend the time I have the doors off and top down. Our mornings are pretty cool compared to the fall afternoons and bum warmers are great for the drive in to work.

OP
OP

Pkillian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Thanks to all of you who responded! It looks like I'll be getting heated seats and a steering wheel! I guess it's definitely better to have it and not need it than to wish you did have it! You guys rock!

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
@Pkillian welcome (almost, I guess) to the Jeep family! I live just north of York! When you finally get your Jeep, PM me if you have any questions about places to go off-roading or Jeep clubs to join. I just got my first Jeep last year. That said, I’ve had heated seats in my last three vehicles, and heated steering wheel in the last 2 (total of about 11 years). I wouldn’t ever consider a vehicle that didn’t have either.

OP
OP

Pkillian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
@Pkillian welcome (almost, I guess) to the Jeep family! I live just north of York! When you finally get your Jeep, PM me if you have any questions about places to go off-roading or Jeep clubs to join. I just got my first Jeep last year. That said, I’ve had heated seats in my last three vehicles, and heated steering wheel in the last 2 (total of about 11 years). I wouldn’t ever consider a vehicle that didn’t have either.
Cool Firemadz! I definitely will reach out to you when I get my JL. Thank you for the invite!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I really like 'em but could also take it or leave it. I nearly bought a different Rubi at a great price but the gf insisted on heated seats.

On the bright side girls are more, um, "ready to go" if you can keep their mid section warm, so that's a benefit ;)

Sponsored

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing so no big loss I suppose. Beware; once you have it, you'll never want to go through another winter without it. No heated seats is a deal breaker for my wife, the chronically cold Admiral Obvious.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Heated seats and Steering wheel is the best. It is great for topless/doorless cool mornings and evenings when it is nice during the day. You can easily get aftermarket heater for the seats but it would be a PITA to get a heated steering wheel after the fact.

That is one of my no brainer upgrades on almost any Jeep. If you get automatic you also get remote start which is nice as well- when it is under a certain temp the heated seats automatically come on when you remote start it.
I agree. It's awesome for the winter time and comes in handy if you happen to find yourself topless and doorless on those chilly nights or mornings.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
yeah, the statement about it being good for a sore back is true indeed.
I don't have it in mine and do miss it for that aspect ( had it in my 2000 XJ limited seats only)

I do have remote start, so in the winter I start it from the house and everything is warm by the time I get in it

my next JL will probably have it, this 18 JLU was just a test lease because I needed 4 doors, getting a 2dr when lease is up.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like that its also an option, through the uconnect, to select them to go on during remote starts only or all starts.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Heated wheel and remote start is amazing for winters here in CO. I can remote start it when I leave my desk and by the time I get to the parking lot the wheel and seat are nice and toasty.
Sponsored