Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not a fan of heated seats or steering wheel and I have a manual trans so when I get in the Jeep during winter I Need to hit 6 buttons before even putting on a seat belt.
1) start button
2) stupid ass ESS off
3) heated steering wheel off
4) heated seat (high to medium)
5) heated seat (medium to low)
6) heated seat (low to off)
I feel like a pilot getting ready for take off.

OP
OP
mcarmel

mcarmel

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I’m not a fan of heated seats or steering wheel and I have a manual trans so when I get in the Jeep during winter I Need to hit 6 buttons before even putting on a seat belt.
1) start button
2) stupid ass ESS off
3) heated steering wheel off
4) heated seat (high to medium)
5) heated seat (medium to low)
6) heated seat (low to off)
I feel like a pilot getting ready for take off.
Exactly! And I thought it was just me. Not to mention I have to endure 15 seconds of blaring music since for some dumba** reason the radio volume dial does not respond until the electronic system reboots itself on startup. And how about your shifting hand accidentally turning on the emergency flashers ever time you shift into third or fifth? Doesn’t anyone DRIVE a prototype before building these things?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly! And I thought it was just me. Not to mention I have to endure 15 seconds of blaring music since for some dumba** reason the radio volume dial does not respond until the electronic system reboots itself on startup. And how about your shifting hand accidentally turning on the emergency flashers ever time you shift into third or fifth? Doesn’t anyone DRIVE a prototype before building these things?
Excellent point about hitting buttons when shifting Matt. You cannot just palm the shifter and leave you fingers out. I not only get the flashers going but turn on the climate control or the fan. Very annoying.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Excellent point about hitting buttons when shifting Matt. You cannot just palm the shifter and leave you fingers out. I not only get the flashers going but turn on the climate control or the fan. Very annoying.
I keep grabbing the HVAC fan speed knob by accident every time I want to adjust the volume on the stereo... driving me insane.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
My vehicle does not have Uconnect.
They all have some sort of UConnect, it's the name for the radio/infotainment system. If you look on your radio, you can change the auto on heated seats. Go to Settings, then Auto-On Comfort. Under there you will find options to have the heated seats and steering wheel do the following when it's 40 degrees F or below:

1. Turn on any time the vehicle is started
2. Only turn on with remote starts, otherwise require manual activation
3. Never turn on automatically, always require manual activation.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I keep grabbing the HVAC fan speed knob by accident every time I want to adjust the volume on the stereo... driving me insane.
I thought I was the only one who couldn't keep those two knobs straight!

OP
OP
mcarmel

mcarmel

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
They all have some sort of UConnect, it's the name for the radio/infotainment system. If you look on your radio, you can change the auto on heated seats. Go to Settings, then Auto-On Comfort. Under there you will find options to have the heated seats and steering wheel do the following when it's 40 degrees F or below:

1. Turn on any time the vehicle is started
2. Only turn on with remote starts, otherwise require manual activation
3. Never turn on automatically, always require manual activation.

OP
OP
mcarmel

mcarmel

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
No such options on my vehicle. I have a six speed 3.6L 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Same here. I finally trained myself to use the steering wheel controls. lol.

Sponsored

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with a 6-speed manual and DANG U-Connect still doesn't have an option to turn off Auto-On comfort. With the automatic transmission, it can be disabled; however, no such option on the manual transmission models. So each time I start the Jeep when it's 40F or less, I have to manually turn off the heated steering wheel (1 press) and then press the heated driver seat button 4 times (HI, M, L, then OFF) to shut off the heated seat. I was hoping that an updated to U-Connect would contain a SETTINGS choice for Auto-On comfort for the Manual Transmission models. Update happened to 20.37.11 but still no option to disable Auto-On Comfort. Is this still the case with the 6-sp 2019, 2020, and 2021 JL's, JT's as well? OR at least, default the Auto-On comfort to OFF and let the driver choose to turn on the heated steering wheel and drivers seat.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with a 6-speed manual and DANG U-Connect still doesn't have an option to turn off Auto-On comfort. With the automatic transmission, it can be disabled; however, no such option on the manual transmission models. So each time I start the Jeep when it's 40F or less, I have to manually turn off the heated steering wheel (1 press) and then press the heated driver seat button 4 times (HI, M, L, then OFF) to shut off the heated seat. I was hoping that an updated to U-Connect would contain a SETTINGS choice for Auto-On comfort for the Manual Transmission models. Update happened to 20.37.11 but still no option to disable Auto-On Comfort. Is this still the case with the 6-sp 2019, 2020, and 2021 JL's, JT's as well? OR at least, default the Auto-On comfort to OFF and let the driver choose to turn on the heated steering wheel and drivers seat.
Yea Jim, I have a 2019 Sahara, 6 speed and I get the same thing. I never use heated seats or steering wheel but find it on at cold temps. It’s not a big deal to shut for me. I believe you can close both on the touch screen and dash. It takes 2 seconds but I do agree with you that we should be able to turn it off.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I guess Jeep figures if you want to manually shift your vehicle, then you must also want to manually turn off your comfort settings.

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
Bad News/Good News about UConnect 8.4. Bad news, screen separated, phantom touch screen button presses became a constant problem and annoyance. Good news, dealer just replaced my radio under my Mopar extended warranty after paying a deductible (check your service plan with your dealership, it may differ.) There's more good news, with the replaced radio (or its later version of code, possibly available on the old failed radio), there's now an option in "Settings" to turn off the Auto-On-Comfort feature on my 6-sp Manual Sahara! So whenever the temperature is below 40F, I don't have to play dash-button-gymnastics to turn of my heated driver's seat (4 presses) and the heated steering wheel (1 press). Now all I press is the Auto-Stop-Start cancel button (once each startup).
Sponsored

Last edited: