First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The heated seats and steering wheel heater automatically turn on when our temp is below some limit. There is no settings feature which lets me turn this off.
Sponsored

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
The heated seats and steering wheel heater automatically turn on when our temp is below some limit. There is no settings feature which lets me turn this off.
Huh, I did not know this. Seems there should be some way to manually turn the heating on/off. Does anyone know the temps that it is turned on/off? Also, does it go by outside temp. or inside temp.?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
It's the Uconnect temperature sensor, so outside temp. I have it on, and it's below 4ÂşC (~39ÂşF). To be clear, this applies when remote-starting the Jeep, either with the key fob or remotely via the Uconnect app (SiriusXM Guardian). The window defroster also comes on full-blast until the driver's door is opened.

Also, when it's hot outside, the A/C will blast on full.

Sponsored

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
It's the Uconnect temperature sensor, so outside temp. I have it on, and it's below 4ÂşC (~39ÂşF). To be clear, this applies when remote-starting the Jeep, either with the key fob or remotely via the Uconnect app (SiriusXM Guardian). The window defroster also comes on full-blast until the driver's door is opened.

Also, when it's hot outside, the A/C will blast on full.
So it will only come on automatically when remote starting? That makes more sense. Also like the idea of the defroster or a/c coming on automatically when remote starting.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So it will only come on automatically when remote starting?
I believe there are 3 settings. Remote Starts, All Starts and Off.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pretty sure it will turn on automatically, regardless if remote start or push-start, provided:
  1. UConnect setting is “on”
  2. The Jeep’s outside temperature display reads 39F/4C or lower
I recall the steering wheel and seat heater coming on when these parameters were met, even when I pushed the engine start button with my big fat finger.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
As others have said, its all starts below 40F. Check the UConnect settings to see how to change it.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’m pretty sure it will turn on automatically, regardless if remote start or push-start, provided:
I recall the steering wheel and seat heater coming on when these parameters were met, even when I pushed the engine start button with my big fat finger.
It's configurable. 3 settings. Remote Starts, All Starts or Off.

DCOURTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S/1982 Porsche 911SC/1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
This just came up with my new JL...was wondering same thing. Good info!

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics

Related question to this...is it normal for the steering wheel heater to turn off by itself after you turn it on--its driving me crazy?

There are times I put the seat and steering wheel heater on when it's above 40 (e.g. freedom panels are off and there is a chill in the air), but the steering wheel heater immediately shuts off regardless of how many times I try.

I've also noticed that despite the radio showing 39 degrees outside, the same thing happens so I am not sure if the sensor and what's on the radio are calibrated. Anyone have similar experiences or is this a jeep issue I need to take to the dealer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Related question to this...is it normal for the steering wheel heater to turn off by itself after you turn it on--its driving me crazy?

There are times I put the seat and steering wheel heater on when it's above 40 (e.g. freedom panels are off and there is a chill in the air), but the steering wheel heater immediately shuts off regardless of how many times I try.

I've also noticed that despite the radio showing 39 degrees outside, the same thing happens so I am not sure if the sensor and what's on the radio are calibrated. Anyone have similar experiences or is this a jeep issue I need to take to the dealer.
I don’t recall the steering wheel heater ever turning off by itself. Every time the wheel gets too hot, I turn it off myself.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

This is not normal.

First try opening the fuse box and making sure all the fuses are properly seated.

If that doesn't work then go to the dealer.
Sponsored