Heated seats and heated steering wheel question

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Doesn't matter. It's the risk adverse mindset that causes these decisions. FCA isn't going to take chances. We've already had a forum member who went after FCA claiming that his feet got burned by the transmission heat coming through the floor, through the padding, and through the carpet. People will sue over anything these days. And the fact is, the heated steering wheel gets HOT. It almost gets too hot. As somebody said, there should be a high/low setting. Anyhow, high ambient temps. + heating elements inside a sealed up vehicle could be a bad combo. I understand why FCA makes sure it's cold outside before allowing those to be used.
They don't though do they? I know in my 17 Ram you can turn on heated seats at any outside temp. I have not tried in the JL the only reason I did in the Ram was accidentally hitting the heater when going for the vented seat.

I agree the steering wheel does get a little too hot. My Ram on the other hand needs to be hotter. Fortunately, I park that over the winter.
I don't suppose the dealer has a way to adjust hot hot they get.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a bad lower back and I have grown accustomed to use the heated seats (in other vehicles) in the summer on long drives. FCA's lawyers and engineers bodged this one.
You do realize you can just push a button and turn them on don't you? They heat up really fast.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I really enjoy my seat/steering wheel heaters--when it's cold in NorNv, but !

If it's not comfy--I just reach to the lower dash and "PUNCH THE LIGHTED BUTTON" !

No problemo

W.E.

JIMBO

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
They don't though do they? I know in my 17 Ram you can turn on heated seats at any outside temp. I have not tried in the JL the only reason I did in the Ram was accidentally hitting the heater when going for the vented seat.

I agree the steering wheel does get a little too hot. My Ram on the other hand needs to be hotter. Fortunately, I park that over the winter.
I don't suppose the dealer has a way to adjust hot hot they get.
the JL has three buttons that control the steering wheel heater and the two front seats. So you can use them at any time. My issue is that I don’t want them to turn on automatically.... my guess is that it’s to do with the optional comfort group which isn’t in my build sheet anyway. It’s odd as I have the heaters....you’d have thought there was a way to turn off anything that turned on automatically.

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
the JL has three buttons that control the steering wheel heater and the two front seats. So you can use them at any time. My issue is that I don’t want them to turn on automatically.... my guess is that it’s to do with the optional comfort group which isn’t in my build sheet anyway. It’s odd as I have the heaters....you’d have thought there was a way to turn off anything that turned on automatically.
there is a setting, in the winter I turn it on and in the summer I turn it off. You can select “at start” or “remote start only” and it’s a nice feature, get in and it’s running and warm all over!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Being a member of the " old school" makes it in many ways so much easier in life. I have never to worry about all these heated and motorized features in a vehicle. I like the basics. As long as I get basic heating and cooling inside a car I am just fine. Soon they will be offering heated glove box for you Big Mac , insect detection system in case there is a fly sitting on the spare tire or warning alarm when the outside temperature will dip to freezing temperatures.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
there is a setting, in the winter I turn it on and in the summer I turn it off. You can select “at start” or “remote start only” and it’s a nice feature, get in and it’s running and warm all over!
my point is that I don’t have that setting. It’s odd.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Being a member of the " old school" makes it in many ways so much easier in life. I have never to worry about all these heated and motorized features in a vehicle. I like the basics. As long as I get basic heating and cooling inside a car I am just fine. Soon they will be offering heated glove box for you Big Mac , insect detection system in case there is a fly sitting on the spare tire or warning alarm when the outside temperature will dip to freezing temperatures.
I think youre onto something with the heated glove box for Big Macs. I was in Montpelier the other day ( 45 minutes from home ) and I had a hankering for a couple of Big Macs ,but it was like 4 in the afternoon. I wanted to bring them home for dinner ! I really got a thing for Big Macs ! Anyway , I blew off the idea cause they would just be cold by the time I got home. Big Mac heated glove box ? I would have been all over that option !

mac.gif

Sponsored

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
sure. I read that too. Thing is, I can’t find it in my system. It probably means my jeep isn’t equipped with auto comfort systems which is weird given that I have heated seats and steering wheel, and hill start. .
Where can I download this manual? I have a 2019 JLUR and the basic books that come with iy dont have a lot of needed info. Thanks

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Can the passengers side heated seat come on automatically as well? My side and steering wheel are nice and warm, but I would like the passenger to get in warm as well.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Can the passengers side heated seat come on automatically as well? My side and steering wheel are nice and warm, but I would like the passenger to get in warm as well.
My wife wishes. But, I usually turn her seat on when I change mine to low. High is just too damn hot.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Heated wheel and heated seats and max defrost is something we use all the time once temps drop with the remote start. One of the best comfort options you can get in cold climes. We got the auto trans in part because of this.

Especially coming back from the slopes with ski or snowboard boots on. We load onto the rack and hit the remote start. Insides get toasty warm and windshield gets cleared off. By the time boots are off we just hop in and go. Works a charm and is so much better with vs without. Super useful option if you need it.

For a Jeep - that and lockers and sway disconnect have been the most useful features we like most.
Sponsored