HEATED MIRRORS

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I have a 2019 JLU and it came with the cold weather package - heated steering wheel, seats and mirrors. I've read the manual front to back and can't find anything about how the heated mirrors are activated. I thought they heated up when you used the defrost? But I can't find it in writing. My husband said there must be a setting for it, but I don't think there is.

TIA
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have a 2019 JLU and it came with the cold weather package - heated steering wheel, seats and mirrors. I've read the manual front to back and can't find anything about how the heated mirrors are activated. I thought they heated up when you used the defrost? But I can't find it in writing. My husband said there must be a setting for it, but I don't think there is.

TIA
It turns on when you use rear defrost, correct.

AF3FBB52-29B5-4DFA-AF98-68B24FE7D69F.jpeg

OP
OP
agpthng

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I feel that I am the right man for this job, folks; please stand back and let me work. (see user name)

That is exactly what it says in the post you quoted, yes.
I replied before I saw the picture of the manual.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Kind of sucks for soft top users with the cold weather package, then, to not have heated mirrors.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
Kind of sucks for soft top users with the cold weather package, then, to not have heated mirrors.
Mine is still on order, but my research indicated that there is still a defroster button, but it's just for the mirrors.

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I used mine briefly this morning for the 1st time and they work quick. I hit the rear defroster button and they cleared up in 5 seconds. Nice feature that I wish I had on my JK.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I'm a little baffled. We've only had our Jeep since summer, but in the three or four days where we've had heavy frost in the mornings, even with all the windows on the JL frosted over, the mirrors have remained clear. Because of the way they are recessed into the mirror housing, frost doesn't seem to accumulate on them. So what's the point of having them heated? Anyone getting frost on their mirrors?

Best,
-Tim

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'm a little baffled. We've only had our Jeep since summer, but in the three or four days where we've had heavy frost in the mornings, even with all the windows on the JL frosted over, the mirrors have remained clear. Because of the way they are recessed into the mirror housing, frost doesn't seem to accumulate on them. So what's the point of having them heated? Anyone getting frost on their mirrors?

Best,
-Tim
We had some snow here in New England (2 days) and my mirrors had frozen rain and snow on them, pushed the rear defrost and low and behold they worked great! I have a 45 minute commute and the thought of driving without being able to not have visibility would be bad ...specially since the snow was still coming down on my drive in. I of course removed as much from the truck as possible but ...I can tell you, they are def useful.
Sponsored