Heat to rear seats

Moabed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s
Hi guys. Anyone know how to get heat to the rear seat? Nothing coming out of rear vents.
Sponsored

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I haven't tested it yet as I noticed same thing but I drive a 2door with rear seat removed soon wasnt in a hurry. Think it's just because air doesn't make it, try putting air on dash setting and closing all the other vents. Think it just can't push air all the way back

OP
OP

Moabed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s
I haven't tested it yet as I noticed same thing but I drive a 2door with rear seat removed soon wasnt in a hurry. Think it's just because air doesn't make it, try putting air on dash setting and closing all the other vents. Think it just can't push air all the way back

OP
OP

Moabed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s
Great idea. It seams to only work when set to dash only. Actually blows heat with dash vents open and fan on high. Thanks

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Yeah there are no floor heat vents to rear, you need to manually set climate to airvents and turn up fan, close up as many front vents as you can. Auto will never warm up rear passengers quickly. It would be nice for an aftermarket solution for rear heated seats for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Moabed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s
Yeah there are no floor heat vents to rear, you need to manually set climate to airvents and turn up fan, close up as many front vents as you can. Auto will never warm up rear passengers quickly. It would be nice for an aftermarket solution for rear heated seats for sure.
I is nice to actually get a substantial amount of heat out of those rear vents even though it’s not an ideal situation. It’s better than nothing. Thanks for your input.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I dunno if they still make them, but there used to be small electric heaters made that ran off a 12v plug. Buddy used to have one in his old CJ5 to try and keep the driver warm what with the cold air coming in around the full cloth doors... might try one of those in the backseat.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I can confirm that when on auto climate, it hardly does anything at all to the rear seats. Like stated, you must go to manual mode and select the dash or straight at you option. It is disappointing though considering how well the Jeep heats the front passengers!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My 2021 JL (and I believe all JLs) does have floor vents for the rear. There is one under each front seat blowing air towards the feet of the back seat passengers.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yeah there are no floor heat vents to rear,...
Floor vents for the rear passengers are indeed present.

Jeep Wrangler JL Heat to rear seats JLU Floor vents

I dunno if they still make them, but there used to be small electric heaters made that ran off a 12v plug.
They're sold on Amazon and at Harbor Freight, and are far too weak to serve as a proxy for a car's regular heater. They pull 16 amps (enough to pop fuses) while 200 watts of barely warm air exit from a postage-stamp size opening. Avoid.

OP
OP

Moabed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s

They're sold on Amazon and at Harbor Freight, and are far too weak to serve as a proxy for a car's regular heater. They pull 16 amps (enough to pop fuses) while 200 watts of barely warm air exit from a postage-stamp size opening. Avoid.

Thanks for all the input guys. I am happy just getting heat from the rear vents.
Sponsored