Heat in winter in north east

ZIGMASTER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I'm buying my first jeep. Its a 4 door wrangler sport S 2021 with all the bells and whistles that come with it. I have the one touch for the top to roll back. Living in Connecticut where in the winter it gets cold so i am wondering how does the heater work in the winter. Does it keep the cab warm with the kind of roof I'm having. And since the summers can get stifling hot how does the a/c work with this kind of roof. Thanks and BEEP BEEP
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZIGMASTER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Thanks for your reply. Was a little worried about that.

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, everything works phenomenally well. Also with the remote start that starts the steering wheel heat and seat heater, you will find that it gets hot very quickly in the JLU! Which, being on Long Island, you get to appreciate as well.....Same for the AC although I tend to keep the top open when it's hot

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm buying my first jeep. Its a 4 door wrangler sport S 2021 with all the bells and whistles that come with it. I have the one touch for the top to roll back. Living in Connecticut where in the winter it gets cold so i am wondering how does the heater work in the winter. Does it keep the cab warm with the kind of roof I'm having. And since the summers can get stifling hot how does the a/c work with this kind of roof. Thanks and BEEP BEEP
Bob, Wranglers are legendary for producing ample heat, the JL being no exception.

And, as others have mentioned, the A/C is overengineered too.

It almost seems as each was designed, to paraphrase you, to "keep the cab comfortable enough with the 'no kind of roof' you might have," let alone a soft, hard or power one.

OP
OP

ZIGMASTER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
lol, well Thanks Giving is right around the corner. Thanks
Bob, Wranglers are legendary for producing ample heat, the JL being no exception.

And, as others have mentioned, the A/C is overengineered too.

It almost seems as each was designed, to paraphrase you, to "keep the cab comfortable enough with the 'no kind of roof' you might have," let alone a soft, hard or power one.
Thanks I appreciate your input

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The heat is extremely powerful (more so than other vehicles) and the A/C is about what you expect from a vehicle of this year.
The heat output in my 2.5L YJ impressed me. I was never cold as I drove that soft top through a cold, wet and miserable PA winter. I might have needed to run the fan one speed higher than what a hardtop would require, but that was of no concern.

As for A/C: my wife purchased a new Honda in 2019, our first vehicle to have the new R-1234yf refrigerant. That too impressed me; the air is certainly colder than what the R-134a is capable of in my other vehicle. I was expecting the inverse, having years of experience with "improved" formulations that rarely are so.

With the foregoing in mind, I didn't give the heating or cooling qualities of the JLU a second thought.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
As said the heat is incredible on Wranglers. The only complaint about them I’ve ever heard through the years is that they get too hot.

OP
OP

ZIGMASTER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
The heat output in my 2.5L YJ impressed me. I was never cold as I drove that soft top through a cold, wet and miserable PA winter. I might have needed to run the fan one speed higher than what a hardtop would require, but that was of no concern.

As for A/C: my wife purchased a new Honda in 2019, our first vehicle to have the new R-1234yf refrigerant. That too impressed me; the air is certainly colder than what the R-134a is capable of in my other vehicle. I was expecting the inverse, having years of experience with "improved" formulations that rarely are so.

With the foregoing in mind, I didn't give the heating or cooling qualities of the JLU a second thought.
Thanks Heimkehr

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
HVAC on these things is good. Better than just about every other passenger car I've been in.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
CT resident with the premium soft top, here. Heater is great. You won’t have any issue.