Hearing clicking noise from the rear

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I knew this sound wasn’t in my head! Wife told me I’m just being OCD.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Once you tighten the ball joints the clicking should go away....

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
I will try to do this and i will let you if the clicking sound is fix . I will do front and rear ball joint tight and torque.

This are all stock not after market.
Front lower ball joint - what is the torque specs?
Front upper ball joint - what is the torque specs?
Rear upper ball joint - what is the torque specs?
Rear lower ball joint - what is the torque specs?

Front
This are all stock not after market.
Drag link stock - what is the torque specs?
tire rod stock - what is the torque specs?

Front and rear stock control arms - what is the torque specs?

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue. I’ve read the ball joint nuts are loose from the factory. 33 ft lbs is the factory speck. I plan to zip mine a bit past that.
I did this and clicking sound still there. let me know if you fix your thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did this and clicking sound still there. I think clicking sound is coming from rear left, but not sure could be anywhere rear or front. Next to fix this asap please help thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro - that is EXACTLY what happened to my Jeep 2019 2DR JL three months after purchasing it. It started with a subtle click and then it gets more frequent and louder! I took it back to the dealership service department and they could not figure out and they changed the axel (I think). There were no clicking but half an hour away from the dealership the clicking came back.

The service center was a bit baffled and they brought in their best mechanic. They asked me to replicate the problem. I took a drive with them and I found out that when I reverse (the gear change I think) it clicked, If I move forward a bit and reverse and more forward and reverse, I can replicate the click. It also click when I am turning. They took two weeks to fix it and they told me something about rear differentials (I am not good at car mechanics) which they replaced.

No more click UNTIL 3 months later and the subtle clicking came back and it is getting considerably louder. It is driving me crazy and sad (my first Jeep ever). I talked to the service center and ask them if there is something that could cause the rear differentials to click - like some kind of chain reaction and they said they would be happy to look into it. They fixed it again and now the clicking is gone but I would not be surprised if it is only a temporary fix. After much consideration I decided to trade in my Jeep for another one. Also when I was out of town I rented a Jeep and that Jeep have a more natural feel than my Jeep.

I am sorry that you are experiencing the same thing. Good luck.
You said they fix the clicking sound second time meaning they replace the axle second time? Also now is clicking sound fix after second time fix? Also is clicking sound coming from rear or front? Did the dealer replace the axle rear or front. Please help thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They replaced the axle the first time but it did not work. Then the replaced the rear differentials and it work only for three months and the clicking sound came back. I think they only replaced the axle the first time but it do nothing. It has something to do with the differentials - which I think that something on the long run (3 months) is causing the differentials to click. And yes it came back! Twice after the diff has been replaced! Sorry.
Meaning the rear diff is bad then they to replace the axle, because rear diff together with axle right?

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meaning the rear diff is bad then they to replace the axle, because rear diff together with axle right?
What model jeep did you trade your firs jeep?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
35X12.50R20 TIRES
MOPAR LIFT KIT

THIS A CLICKING SOUND I HEAR REAR WHEN TURNING WHEELS RIGHT TO LEFT GOING REVERSE OR FORWARD OR JUST STRAIGHT FORWARD OR REVERSE. LINK BELOW
NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE HELP THANKS.

:jk: :flag: :like:

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
Bro - that is EXACTLY what happened to my Jeep 2019 2DR JL three months after purchasing it. It started with a subtle click and then it gets more frequent and louder! I took it back to the dealership service department and they could not figure out and they changed the axel (I think). There were no clicking but half an hour away from the dealership the clicking came back.

The service center was a bit baffled and they brought in their best mechanic. They asked me to replicate the problem. I took a drive with them and I found out that when I reverse (the gear change I think) it clicked, If I move forward a bit and reverse and more forward and reverse, I can replicate the click. It also click when I am turning. They took two weeks to fix it and they told me something about rear differentials (I am not good at car mechanics) which they replaced.

No more click UNTIL 3 months later and the subtle clicking came back and it is getting considerably louder. It is driving me crazy and sad (my first Jeep ever). I talked to the service center and ask them if there is something that could cause the rear differentials to click - like some kind of chain reaction and they said they would be happy to look into it. They fixed it again and now the clicking is gone but I would not be surprised if it is only a temporary fix. After much consideration I decided to trade in my Jeep for another one. Also when I was out of town I rented a Jeep and that Jeep have a more natural feel than my Jeep.

I am sorry that you are experiencing the same thing. Good luck.
Is this the same problem your having video below?

:jk: :flag: :like:
Sponsored