First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
  • Banned
JEEP WRANGLER SPORT 4 DOORS V6 JL 2019
EVERY TIME PUT JEEP ON DRIVE OR REVERSE NOT DRIVING OR NOT SLIGHTLY SPEED HEAR A CLICKING SOUND COMING FROM REAR. OR PUT JEEP ON DRIVE SLIGHTLY SPEED HEAR A CLICKING SOUND REAR OR REVERSE SLIGHTLY SPEED HEAR CLICKING SOUND ANY JEEP OWNER HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

MY MOD
2 1/2 MOPAR LIFT KIT
ROCK CRAWLER FRONT AND REAR ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR
35X12.50X20 TIRES
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just throwing something to check, because I'm not really sure. You could check the torque on lug nuts back there. When a lug, or two are loose you can get a clicking sound. I hope it's something that easy for you.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Just throwing something to check, because I'm not really sure. You could check the torque on lug nuts back there. When a lug, or two are loose you can get a clicking sound. I hope it's something that easy for you.
Do you know the torque specs for front and rear lower and upper control arms also front and rear track bar? Also torque for front and rear diffenrencial fluid? Also shocks torque front and rear upper and lower? Where can i find all the torque specs for 2019 jeep wrangler sport jl?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know the torque specs for front and rear lower and upper control arms also front and rear track bar? Also torque for front and rear diffenrencial fluid? Also shocks torque front and rear upper and lower? Where can i find all the torque specs for 2019 jeep wrangler sport jl?
JL Wrangler Torque Values

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6

WHEN TURNING WHEELS LEFT TO RIGHT AND REVERSE, FORWARD AND SLIGHTLY GO HEAR A CLICKING SOUND. WHAT TO CHECK FOR THIS KIND OF PROBLEM PLEASE HELP THANKS.

:jk: :flag::like:

Sponsored

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue. I’ve read the ball joint nuts are loose from the factory. 33 ft lbs is the factory speck. I plan to zip mine a bit past that.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I have the same issue. I’ve read the ball joint nuts are loose from the factory. 33 ft lbs is the factory speck. I plan to zip mine a bit past that.
After you torque the ball joint lower and upper front and rear, did you fix the problem?

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t done it yet. Wife stole the jeep and drove it to work.

lots of threads about it. Some say you can hear the click as you tighten the nuts

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Haven’t done it yet. Wife stole the jeep and drove it to work.

lots of threads about it. Some say you can hear the click as you tighten the nuts
Please let me know asap when your done thanks.
:jk: :flag::like:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I'm currently dealing with this too - 11,000 miles. Have an appointment Saturday 8am with the dealer. I feel like I want to go to them directly and ask to check the ball joints and demonstrate the noise, rather than roll up after attempting and them seeing that I've messed with those bolts.

Not the best video, but I took this with my friend driving:

Sponsored

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently dealing with this too - 11,000 miles. Have an appointment Saturday 8am with the dealer. I feel like I want to go to them directly and ask to check the ball joints and demonstrate the noise, rather than roll up after attempting and them seeing that I've messed with those bolts.

Please let me know asap if they fix the problem thanks.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Mine does the same thing...ball joints in subpar aluminum knuckles. I learned to ignore it.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Mine does the same thing...ball joints in subpar aluminum knuckles. I learned to ignore it.
My concern is I'm about to lift it and move to larger tires ASAP (this is actually holding me up, I'm dreading showing the dealer) so I figure if I've got something going on structurally now's the time to figure it out, especially with the skepticism the dealer will give me if I go post-lift.

You're confident this is a non issue? I've scoured the main topic on this and it seems ultimately inconclusive, with some dealers replacing ball joints and even axles or axleshafts.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My concern is I'm about to lift it and move to larger tires ASAP (this is actually holding me up, I'm dreading showing the dealer) so I figure if I've got something going on structurally now's the time to figure it out, especially with the skepticism the dealer will give me if I go post-lift.

You're confident this is a non issue? I've scoured the main topic on this and it seems ultimately inconclusive, with some dealers replacing ball joints and even axles or axleshafts.
Okay let me know if they fix tomorrow thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro - that is EXACTLY what happened to my Jeep 2019 2DR JL three months after purchasing it. It started with a subtle click and then it gets more frequent and louder! I took it back to the dealership service department and they could not figure out and they changed the axel (I think). There were no clicking but half an hour away from the dealership the clicking came back.

The service center was a bit baffled and they brought in their best mechanic. They asked me to replicate the problem. I took a drive with them and I found out that when I reverse (the gear change I think) it clicked, If I move forward a bit and reverse and more forward and reverse, I can replicate the click. It also click when I am turning. They took two weeks to fix it and they told me something about rear differentials (I am not good at car mechanics) which they replaced.

No more click UNTIL 3 months later and the subtle clicking came back and it is getting considerably louder. It is driving me crazy and sad (my first Jeep ever). I talked to the service center and ask them if there is something that could cause the rear differentials to click - like some kind of chain reaction and they said they would be happy to look into it. They fixed it again and now the clicking is gone but I would not be surprised if it is only a temporary fix. After much consideration I decided to trade in my Jeep for another one. Also when I was out of town I rented a Jeep and that Jeep have a more natural feel than my Jeep.

I am sorry that you are experiencing the same thing. Good luck.
The clicking sound ever go away or no?
Sponsored