First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If a color is not going to be carried over to the following year, is it announced in advance of the cutoff date for orders of that model year? I would presume so but not sure how Jeep does it. For example I want an Ocean Blue 2019. When new 2019 colors are announced (assuming that there are changes), will the colors that are going away next year be announced at the same time?
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Usually they announce the new options and slide the “... but these are the colors they are replacing” part under the rug. You just have to be vigilant

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Jeep usually slowly rolls in new colors and slowly rolls out old the ones. There’s not usually a cutoff date right at the beginning of the new model year where all the colors gets swapped out. They tend to trickle them out over the course of the year.
The more outlandish colors like Mojito tend to run shorter cycles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the insights. I really love Ocean Blue and hope it stays around for next model year when I’m planning to purchase.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You can look into the past for what colors historically come and go. With the JK's it was anything other than white, black, greys and red. Colors with funky names like dozer, rock lobster, that bright green (forget what they called it) and pretty much any blue were one year colors.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
You can look into the past for what colors historically come and go. With the JK's it was anything other than white, black, greys and red. Colors with funky names like dozer, rock lobster, that bright green (forget what they called it) and pretty much any blue were one year colors.
Gecko

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That's it! They did have a similar color just in the past few years (acid maybe) that was brighter, if that's even possible.

Sponsored

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I have been thinking about this topic the last few days because I think I would like to wait for a green colored JLU with khaki/brown top. With no basis than other a hunch, I checked out what colors were available on the 2019 Cherokee and it has a green color. My guess is that FCA/Jeep will use that same color, but I have no evidence to back that up. Further, I think they are going to get away from the number of grey colors they have in the lineup.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That's it! They did have a similar color just in the past few years (acid maybe) that was brighter, if that's even possible.
Hypergreen

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If I remember correctly the first info will probably come out around August which is after ordering will close for 2018. So you would have to buy off the lot. I don't expect any color changes at the beginning of 2019. When they released the JK they didn't change any colors at the beginning of the next model year. They may add or drop colors late.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I would have liked to have had a light sage green -- basically a rather faded olive drab green. That or a khaki... Something that would not show up dirt as much as the red that I ordered...

Maybe something like this color:

corpsman_main_s.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: