Heads-up for batter warranty

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
My battery was flatted last weekend, voltage dropped to 10.8v.
Called roadside assistance, a guy from Allianz came and boosted my battery.
the guy told me the battery wrranty is 2 years, new battery is $500. I asked him to boost it only..

My battery is flatted again, and I have confirmed with Jeep Australia, the warranty for battery should be 3 years / 100,000km.
I called roadside assistance again to replace the battery this time.

I have read a few post says their battery performance drops at around 3 years..
So, be aware of your battery status when you are closing to 3 years ownership.
Have the battery replaced under warranty if you could find any faulty.
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'm already having issues with mine and not even at 2 years. Struggles to start and get a notification that auxilliary buttons are temporarily disabled while the battery charges. Called the dealer on the 31st of May and soonest they could get it in was 28th June. They said if it fails to start before then I should call roadside.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
T
I'm already having issues with mine and not even at 2 years. Struggles to start and get a notification that auxilliary buttons are temporarily disabled while the battery charges. Called the dealer on the 31st of May and soonest they could get it in was 28th June. They said if it fails to start before then I should call roadside.
That message is a sign.
I saw that too, but i didn’t know it was a sign of dying battery..
yes, if you fail to start the engine. You can call roadside assistance. They replaced my battery yesterday.
I wanted to do it at dealer, they are all quite busy now..

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
My battery was flatted last weekend, voltage dropped to 10.8v.
Called roadside assistance, a guy from Allianz came and boosted my battery.
the guy told me the battery wrranty is 2 years, new battery is $500. I asked him to boost it only..

My battery is flatted again, and I have confirmed with Jeep Australia, the warranty for battery should be 3 years / 100,000km.
I called roadside assistance again to replace the battery this time.

I have read a few post says their battery performance drops at around 3 years..
So, be aware of your battery status when you are closing to 3 years ownership.
Have the battery replaced under warranty if you could find any faulty.
My JL's battery also conked out after 2.5 years, just called road side assistance.

Jeeps warranty brochure that came with mine does not have any exclusion for battery, the way I read it battery is part of 100,000km or 5 years normal warranty.

The brochure does have 20,000km or 12 month warranty exclusion for brakes, wipers, filters ect but not for battery.

I will try to get both batteries swapped under warranty.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
My JL's battery also conked out after 2.5 years, just called road side assistance.

Jeeps warranty brochure that came with mine does not have any exclusion for battery, the way I read it battery is part of 100,000km or 5 years normal warranty.

The brochure does have 20,000km or 12 month warranty exclusion for brakes, wipers, filters ect but not for battery.

I will try to get both batteries swapped under warranty.
I am agree with you. Thats the same way I read.
but I was told:
1. The warranty handbook isn’t detailed enough. And the battery is 3years/100000km.
2. The roadside assistance guy they sent over to me only takes care of the main battery.
I think I should talk to dealer too about my AUX battery at least before 3-year period passed.

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am agree with you. Thats the same way I read.
but I was told:
1. The warranty handbook isn’t detailed enough. And the battery is 3years/100000km.
2. The roadside assistance guy they sent over to me only takes care of the main battery.
I think I should talk to dealer too about my AUX battery at least before 3-year period passed.
Same here..

Roadside assistance just swapped my main battery for a new one, under 3 year battery warranty. Asked me to have a chat with jeep dealer for Aux battery swap, roadside assistant do not carry the small battery for swap.

He did test the aux battery and mentioned Aux battery is in good condition.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Same here..

Roadside assistance just swapped my main battery for a new one, under 3 year battery warranty. Asked me to have a chat with jeep dealer for Aux battery swap, roadside assistant do not carry the small battery for swap.

He did test the aux battery and mentioned Aux battery is in good condition.
The AUX batter is right underneath the main battery, right? I saw another thread here mentioned it…
The guy didn’t even believe me..

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The AUX batter is right underneath the main battery, right? I saw another thread here mentioned it…
The guy didn’t even believe me..
Yes the Aux is just under the main battery on our RHD JL's

You have to remove a cover plate under the main battery to reveal the aux.

I think I will buy a new aux battery myself and swap, don't want to go through Jeep dealer drama and the long wait time.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
18 months ago I had a minor issue. Jeep Roadside assist came to my house. He checked the onboard computer and checked the battery. He changed the battery without my having to ask. The minor issue was fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Be aware if any issues to your aux battery.

This hasn't happened to me yet..But I think it is important to know what may fix your problem when it happens..

Just incase you haven't seen it.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am interested to hear the result of your case,

Cummins

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Aus Spec
For me they only replaced the aux battery under warranty and charged me 700 for the main battery. i felt ripped off but they said the main battery was only 20k and the aux was 100k :(

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
For me they only replaced the aux battery under warranty and charged me 700 for the main battery. i felt ripped off but they said the main battery was only 20k and the aux was 100k :(
Which dealer?
Sponsored