Heads and Cam Swap

hardhat

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
Serious question, anyone know what cam comes in the 392? I’m assuming it’s the same as the Charger/Challenger Scat Pack? These things respond very well to a cam, but most performance cams bump the power/RPM range up and lose low end torque down low.
I looked up cam part no the other day and it said it fit our 392. Scat pack, srt grand cherokee and a couple others. All same

I love the sound of a mild cammed 392. Would love to see and hear one in the jeep
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I live in California as well, but tell me more about the shop you speak of
@https://www.shophemi.com/m-12-arrington-performance.asps , a place where dreams are made. Didn’t give a link but it works, just tried it or home page @https://www.shophemi.com

Last edited:

RoyalT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler 392
I’m new to this forum as I didn’t even know it existed till a few days ago lol. It seems like you guys enjoy more of the performance and modification aspect than the other forum. I had the guys at Rock Solid Fab in Chattanooga, TN do the MMX Max Effort Cam, lifters, MDS delete, HP Tuners, and recently the AWE Exhaust. The drivability in my opinion is better than stock plus I picked up on the highway 4-6mpg on the highway and city 2-3mpg if I’m trotting it around. The power is very linear through the whole powerband where I felt from the factory tune it lacked up top along with transmission. The torque converter is being built as we speak and along with the wait of Longtube Headers from American Racing. Hopefully once everything is said and done we can get some real dyno numbers 🍻

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I’m new to this forum as I didn’t even know it existed till a few days ago lol. It seems like you guys enjoy more of the performance and modification aspect than the other forum. I had the guys at Rock Solid Fab in Chattanooga, TN do the MMX Max Effort Cam, lifters, MDS delete, HP Tuners, and recently the AWE Exhaust. The drivability in my opinion is better than stock plus I picked up on the highway 4-6mpg on the highway and city 2-3mpg if I’m trotting it around. The power is very linear through the whole powerband where I felt from the factory tune it lacked up top along with transmission. The torque converter is being built as we speak and along with the wait of Longtube Headers from American Racing. Hopefully once everything is said and done we can get some real dyno numbers 🍻
Thanks for the feedback. Interested in your findings.

Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Do you feel any noticeable difference in power? Also curious how it sounds is there a nice loan? Any before dyno completed so we could see the delta from all the mods.

I know livernoise mentioned a flex fuel tune awhile back but have never heard anythingon it since. Always thought that would be the best bang for buck mod for this platform.

RoyalT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler 392
Very noticeable difference in power low end and top end. As far as sound goes obviously the lope of the cam is there but the video attached is with just resonators deleted on stock exhaust. It was deeper and a bit more raspy. I will post up another video later today with the AWE Exhaust.
HP Tuners or Livernoise Tune with the Trans Tune is hands down the best bang for your buck for noticeable power and smoother transmission points.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Love that Hemi sound. We used to end up with louder cars/trucks/bikes because the noise was the result of a freer-breathing, more powerful motor. He’s happy with the performance but wants it louder just to make more noise. That seems silly to me.

And that tire noise would drive me nuts. These days there are lots of decent traction tires that wont drown out the hum of that awesome motor.

OP
OP
aggiechris

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
royal t that’s exactly what I was looking to do! Now I need to go buy another 392!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Would certainly appreciate more videos. I have my doubts on fuel economy gain. LOVE the lope!

Sponsored

RoyalT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler 392
Would certainly appreciate more videos. I have my doubts on fuel economy gain. LOVE the lope!
I will definitely make some more videos over the weekend with the AWE exhaust on it. Here is this morning cruising around 74-76 mph. Average because of the elevation change I was driving in was 15.4-15.5 mpg but in green we’ll above 16 mpg. I was averaging 12.8-13mpg on the highway when it was bone stock in exception to the 35’s. Apologies for the shit quality video.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Be careful, when the L79 in my CJ5 wore out I built a 700HP 6-71 blown 350 for it and ruined it. It was a nearly uncontrollable suicide machine. I was so disappointed that I sold it to a guy who wanted the motor for his 30’s rod😭
Sounds like my personality, but in a vehicle. I want it!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I will definitely make some more videos over the weekend with the AWE exhaust on it. Here is this morning cruising around 74-76 mph. Average because of the elevation change I was driving in was 15.4-15.5 mpg but in green we’ll above 16 mpg. I was averaging 12.8-13mpg on the highway when it was bone stock in exception to the 35’s. Apologies for the shit quality video.
Thanks. Sounds good, not too droney. I typically can get 15-16 on the highway going 70 on 37s. 12-13 seems low for highway tbh. That said, if I'm romping around town I get 8-9.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Thanks. Sounds good, not too droney. I typically can get 15-16 on the highway going 70 on 37s. 12-13 seems low for highway tbh. That said, if I'm romping around town I get 8-9.
Funny enough I actually get +1-2mph better now with 35"s vs my stock 33"s... I'm attributing some of it to break-in maybe but when I did wheels/tires last Summer I did lose ~5lbs a corner with the lighter combo, running the 35" Goodyear MT. Not 100% a must have tire but little/no complaints right now. They don't look as cool as K02s/KM3s but... don't want the extra weight here.