Headliner

Artiead

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018 4-Door JL
Does anyone have thoughts on factory headliner for Rubicon? Also, would anyone reccomed the safety package (parking, blindspot moniotoriing) if I am lifting the Jeep 3 inches and adding 35/37 inch tires with the spare. I heard that the spare of this size would require turing off the safety feature and the sales rep didn’t push for it since he understands what my end goal is. Thanks for the advice as always, Art.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I went without the headliner and second guessed myself all the way until it was delivered. Not a single one of the Jeeps that I was able to test drive didn't have the headliner, so I wasn't sure what to expect. So far I am not missing it. The only time I think it makes a difference sound wise is when you're going fast on gravel or very bumpy roads, where the interior kind of echos almost like you have only have a single rear window open. Most of the time I haven't noticed it.

To be fair, I live in Washington that has pretty mild temperatures year round, and I don't know how it would effect temperature, which does seem to be a main point behind the headliner. Since you're in Florida (I presume that's Tampa), you might benefit from some heat protection in the summer.

As far as the safety package, I don't think the lift would make much of a difference. I like having it. I drive mostly on rural roads, but when I'm on the interstate the blind spot monitoring does make it a bit easier to know when someone is there so you only have to turn your head around when you're really ready to turn. It kind of makes up for the relatively small mirrors with no convex portion. I'm split on whether the warning about someone passing while you're backing up matters, but if you only watch the rear view camera without turning around it would probably be very important to you.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I added the Hot Heads Headliner to mine. It makes a noticeable difference in wind noise at 70mph and up. It made a huge difference when the outside temperature is below 20. Without it I felt a lot of cold coming off the top. Now once the interior is warmed up my head is warm also.

I can't say for sure. But I dont see how adding a lft and bigger tires would effect the safety package unless you somehow blocked the side sensors that are in the taillights and the rear sensors that are in the rear bumper.
Sponsored