Sponsored

Headliner options for sky one touch power top?

Mshells

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler unlimited
Can anyone recommend if there is any option to install a headliner for the sky one touch roof thank you
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

I haven’t seen one. Then again, I haven’t really looked.

Good luck!

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I looked around for a little on this issue as I was debating the sky one touch top on an order I placed last week. I loved that top but was just worried about it holding up well through Upstate NY winters. I kinda wish they engineered that thing so the black hard top could go on over it or something.

I never saw any headliner type things either.

As it was, as cool as the top is, I decided to just get the black hard top. If I lived in a southern climate, I'd have done the sky-touch for sure. But I just couldn't do it knowing I've got a good 4 months of winter and cold temperatures to deal with.

Saldaddy00

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L
There are no sound deadening options for the skytop as of 12/2020. There are other ways to reduce sound in the vehicle, from simply weather stripping the doors ($11 for two rolls), to butyl ‘dynamat’ sheets, to Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV), to hydrophobic foam.
These are the same materials used in recording studios, but are also specifically used in luxury autos.

To do it right on a Jeep will cost between $450 and $700 for materials. That will get you about 100 sq ft of MLV, 36 sq ft of butyl mats (or butyl ‘tar’), and foam liner for the MLV. 100 lbs of sound deadening is in line with what’s found in a luxury sedan. Check out these guys -

https://www.secondskinaudio.com/the-owners-manual/

https://www.secondskinaudio.com/car-soundproofing-packages/jeep-build-kits

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/build-log/jeep-wrangler-unlimited-4-door-suv-2007-build-log

Sound deadener showdown does not sell product anymore, but I pieced together the materials they listed for their 2007 Unlimited build from other sources:

$230 for 90 sq ft 1.5lb MLV
$119 for 100 sq ft Closed Cell Foam (CCF) from eBay
$52 for 36 sq ft of killmat
$22 for 20 ft 1” Velcro tape
$26 for HH-66 vinyl cement
$450 bucks total

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Can anyone recommend if there is any option to install a headliner for the sky one touch roof thank you
We're looking into possibly being able to make a Hothead Headliner for this. We'll update the forum if we find a good solution.
There are no sound deadening options for the skytop as of 12/2020. There are other ways to reduce sound in the vehicle, from simply weather stripping the doors ($11 for two rolls), to butyl ‘dynamat’ sheets, to Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV), to hydrophobic foam.
These are the same materials used in recording studios, but are also specifically used in luxury autos.

To do it right on a Jeep will cost between $450 and $700 for materials. That will get you about 100 sq ft of MLV, 36 sq ft of butyl mats (or butyl ‘tar’), and foam liner for the MLV. 100 lbs of sound deadening is in line with what’s found in a luxury sedan. Check out these guys -

https://www.secondskinaudio.com/the-owners-manual/

https://www.secondskinaudio.com/car-soundproofing-packages/jeep-build-kits

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/build-log/jeep-wrangler-unlimited-4-door-suv-2007-build-log

Sound deadener showdown does not sell product anymore, but I pieced together the materials they listed for their 2007 Unlimited build from other sources:

$230 for 90 sq ft 1.5lb MLV
$119 for 100 sq ft Closed Cell Foam (CCF) from eBay
$52 for 36 sq ft of killmat
$22 for 20 ft 1” Velcro tape
$26 for HH-66 vinyl cement
$450 bucks total
The JL (4door) has a floor area of less than 60 sq. ft. To throw another option into the mix, we sell Sound Assassin, our own sound damping & insulation material that is also made out of a butyl-based material. We offer both Half Floor and Full Floor packages specifically for the JL along with the other Jeep models to make it easier for you to know how many sheets you need.

I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.
-Mark

Sponsored

MPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
We're looking into possibly being able to make a Hothead Headliner for this. We'll update the forum if we find a good solution.

The JL (4door) has a floor area of less than 60 sq. ft. To throw another option into the mix, we sell Sound Assassin, our own sound damping & insulation material that is also made out of a butyl-based material. We offer both Half Floor and Full Floor packages specifically for the JL along with the other Jeep models to make it easier for you to know how many sheets you need.

I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.
-Mark
What about putting in a mesh sunshade filling the space between the shade and the soft top with sound deadening foam? You can buy foam cheap on Amazon.

I have a 2007 JKU and leave my sunshade on year round under my soft top. I am going to buy the foam and insert it in 4 inch gap between the sunshade and the soft top. and see how it goes. A very inexpensive option.

MPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
And it will be easy to remove and replace foam sound deadener.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
What about putting in a mesh sunshade filling the space between the shade and the soft top with sound deadening foam? You can buy foam cheap on Amazon.

I have a 2007 JKU and leave my sunshade on year round under my soft top. I am going to buy the foam and insert it in 4 inch gap between the sunshade and the soft top. and see how it goes. A very inexpensive option.
We're going to begin working on prototypes in the coming weeks. Will keep everyone updated!

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ