Sponsored

Headlight and grille surrounds removable?

TheDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
do the head light and grille surrounds look removable. Could I do black like the rubicon on the Sahara
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
DLG: if I am on your train of thought, to "remove," at least as it regards headlights, means to "replace with something else" right?

I think only MOPAR is making the new JL 8" headlights right now. Expect the aftermarket to come up with adapters for their JK 7"ers to fit in the JL and 8" ones expressly for the JL (presumptively LED).

OP
OP

TheDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I
DLG: if I am on your train of thought, to "remove," at least as it regards headlights, means to "replace with something else" right?

I think only MOPAR is making the new JL 8" headlights right now. Expect the aftermarket to come up with adapters for their JK 7"ers to fit in the JL and 8" ones expressly for the JL (presumptively LED).
mean the surrounds like the silver on Sahara with black like on rubicon

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
They are probably going to be removable and I'm sure several aftermarket versions will be out within months after the production JLs hit the roads.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

I am not sure if anybody brought this up: According to the 2nd video that TFL made, they measure JL's headlights are 7'' as well, same as JK's. Not sure if this is correct, but IF true... OH MY... that will totally open up all aftermarket options on LED headlights.

At 2:10, measurement confirmed at 7''.

Is anybody able to confirm either way? 7'' or 8''?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Their tape measurements contradict what was said at the LA auto show (that JL is larger, never heard 8”). However, I doubt the JL are designed to use a standard 7” light like motorcycles, JKs, and Shelby Cobras.
Sponsored