Sponsored

Headlight Adjust Broken

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Picked up some Mopar LED headlights from Northridge back in Oct when they had some money off em. I was able to use a long Phillips head to adjust the passenger side down just fine, but the driver side just spins around when i attempt to adjust. I'm sure I can mail it back for a replacement unit but is there another way to manually adjust the beams or is that my only way? Thanks
Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Yes take the grill off, remove headlight assembly.

You will see the original screw adjustment on top (broke) and the backside of this screw is another screw that you can use to adjust.

Put a piece of tape center on the headlight bulb before you remove headlight and when removed adjust screw slowly either way.

Once both headlights are in use the 25' and 3 ' parked next to a wall and adjust cutoff line right at 3' on the wall.

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Okay, cool thanks. I was able to see that screw when I was adjusting it, it was rotating when I turned the accessible one

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Also the top screw for the headlights adjustment is not really broke you just maybe over tightened and popped the little ball out of the tiny slider track that adjusts the height and lowers the beam.

You should be able to see with the assembly out pop that ball into its track.

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Also the top screw for the headlights adjustment is not really broke you just maybe over tightened and popped the little ball out of the tiny slider track that adjusts the height and lowers the beam.

That may be the case, I think they're angled as high up as they go. Considering I just pulled it into my street the day I installed them at like 11pm and the high beams were over 60' trees at like 100 feet out lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDirtyDangla

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque

Couldn't see the ball but the knob adjust on the back wasn't adjusting either when i popped the headlight out -_-

Ryanh

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S - 2-door manual

Thanks for posting, super easy fix. Pop the grill off, headlight assembly, twist the adjuster off, and slip the ball back into the track (and remember to put the cover back on the headlight assembly before putting everything back together).

Sh3r.Dakota

First Name
Dilsher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
RHD Jeep JLUR 2021 2.0
Sorry I’m a bit late to the thread.
So one of lights is working perfect and adjusts it beam lower and the other one wouldn’t drop further.

So I took off the grill and pulled the faulty light out and there are 2 adjustment screws in the back of the LED Mopar headlight. I managed to pull off the cover of the lower one and didn’t understand what to do and the top screw I managed to twist it and couldn’t pull it out. Please guide on which one to use to lower the light. And what needs to be done there. Attaching video for reference.
Sponsored