First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
Was looking at Tech Authority this morning to see if they had the service manual in stock. Turns out that they are not even showing the service manuals on their site anymore. Now back when I was younger, I would always get a Haynes manual for whatever truck I was driving. If the factory service manual is no longer available to us (not that it really ever was), I figure at least having the Haynes manual to guide my tinkering would be a good idea. My only reservation is that in my "old" age I am wanting information from the source instead of from a third party.

Is there any chance that the factory service manual from TechAuthority will become available or should I just get the Haynes manual and be happy to at least have that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dad
The reply from TechAuthority:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for contacting Mopar TechAuthority regarding the availability for the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Service Information USB.

Mopar TechAuthority has moved to a digital subscription format insuring quality information is available to customers, providing the best resource for recent, up to date information for all your vehicle needs via Service Library. Whether searching by your VIN, or vehicle year/make/model, you will have easy access to quick information and diagrams and more. Live chat is also available to aid you with any questions. Go to https://stellantisiop.com to purchase a TechAuthority subscription to use Service Library. Subscriptions are available for purchase for 3-day use and 1-month as repairs or reference is required to meet your needs.

However, if you wish to purchase a physical service manual, 3rd party companies like Auto Zone might have a physical manual in inventory. The trend for all automotive knowledge across the industry is moving to a digital format.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Joan M.

Mopar TechAuthority Support

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dad
Instead of get the much more affordable Haynes manual, I ended up getting my hands on a 2018 Service Information USB and a 2020 Wiring Information USB before start were legit all subscription based. The Service Information is dated June 2018 so it’s a few years older than my rig, but it should be more than adequate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Haynes Manual 5422FC7D-94DF-4A8C-B976-9F3225FCCB82

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Yeah, @Steven I went through the same thing last year trying to get a service manual for my 2020 Sport... I told TechAuthority that I'd be glad to subscribe to their service manual, right after they subscribed to lick the sweat off my balls.

But I was able to find the USB service manual for the 2019 model year on Ebay. Close enough.

The headaches don't end there, tho. Apparently you have to read the manual with Internet Explorer; it's not compatible with other browsers. And my computer is new enough that it doesn't have that (Edge won't work.) I had to set up a VM with an older version of Windows just to read the damned thing.

It's clear to me that Jeep/Stellantis does not want my business in the future, and I for one am glad to accommodate them in that regard. Good luck in your efforts.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Was looking at Tech Authority this morning to see if they had the service manual in stock. Turns out that they are not even showing the service manuals on their site anymore. Now back when I was younger, I would always get a Haynes manual for whatever truck I was driving. If the factory service manual is no longer available to us (not that it really ever was), I figure at least having the Haynes manual to guide my tinkering would be a good idea. My only reservation is that in my "old" age I am wanting information from the source instead of from a third party.

Is there any chance that the factory service manual from TechAuthority will become available or should I just get the Haynes manual and be happy to at least have that?
I found the Haynes manuals very helpful as well with previous vehicles. This time around I’ve subscribed to AllDataDIY. I believe I did the two year subscription for less money. It’s proved very useful. Although, I still miss paging through an actual manual.

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Alldatadiy is the way to go

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Assuming you're talking about AllDataDIY, it takes a while for the new MY to become available. I first noticed they had opened up the '21 4xe in July '22.
I would much rather wait and get the AlldataDIY instead of Haynes.. or the MOPAR USB crappy thingy

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I would much rather wait and get the AlldataDIY instead of Haynes.. or the MOPAR USB crappy thingy
Alldata works just fine. Haynes is limited and a few years behind. I find Idenifix is a great place to go (we have a subscription) but it's where real mechanics can post their solutions to problems. Then it links to the manuals for the fix.
Sponsored