Sponsored

Having trouble figuring out this pattern. New gears/bearings.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Installing Dana 5.13's in the front of my Sport (d30) I can't figure out what's wrong with this pattern. I mean I know it's wrong, but I can't find any resources on how to correct this.

Whats the cause of the high toe print on the drive side? Pattern #2 is where i quit for the day. Backlash is .007

Pattern #1

Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5629
Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5630

Pattern #2 after I took .010 out of the pinion shim

Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5637
Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5638
Sponsored

OP
OP

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I am officially stuck. This doesn't make any sense. Here is .032 and .042. It seems to me it needs more pinion shims, but when I try .051 it binds. The ring gear is binding on the pinion shim.

I put a flat file on he ring gear just in case (forgot to do that), tightened up the backlash and tried a couple more patterns.

The first 2 pictures are with the .042 shim, the last 2 are with .032.

Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5660
Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5661
Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5658
Jeep Wrangler JL Having trouble figuring out this pattern.  New gears/bearings. IMG_5659