Having Dealership Add Mopar Lift and Larger Tires on Delivery

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Just curious on your thoughts. I have a Wrangler on order and negotiated an OTD price already. I asked my sales guy today to give me a cost estimate of the dealership adding larger tires and a Mopar lift along with speedo calibration and adding it onto the OTD price. I kinda expect it to be "pricey", but then again I am all about "convenience". I was going to have the shop that does all the lifts/wheels/tires for the dealership do it anyway. They are right next door.

Has anyone ever done this on delivery and if so, what are your pros and cons with this?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ that’s a great price!

I’d have the dealer do the lift, but I too go elsewhere for wheels and tires.

Quadratec is a great place for wheels that look factory and fit perfectly.

Around here, Discount Tire is great for tires. They have excellent prices, provide free rebalancing, rotations and repairs, and they are up and down the Western US. So there’s always one within an easy drive if I am on the road and need my tires rotated, rebalanced or repaired. Best of all, unlike my dealer, they are always happy to see me....

Evo8

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
foxbody / m3 / civic si / tacoma / yj / jl
$1850 is a good deal IMO. I paid $2100 and was okay with that amount

OP
OP
Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
$1850 is a good deal IMO. I paid $2100 and was okay with that amount
I would be OK with that price also considering the OTD price for my build was below what I budgeted for and IMO a great price.

Sponsored

Heelssuck

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon 392, 16 JK Rubicon, 18 Tesla S
Occupation
CIO
I had the dealership install the Mopar 2" on my 21' Rubicon and they charged me $390 in labor to do it plus $1,495 for the lift. They also do the Fox steering stabilizer for $165 and the AEV ProCal for $135. I did get my wheels and tires from the dealership as well because they matched the cheapest price I could find online so it was a no brainer.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My dealer is lifting my 2 dr with a Mopar lift including labor & factory warranty for $1850. I will be getting tires on my own.
Looks like there are some delays with Mopar 2 inch lift, this is the message from one of the FCA engineer in the FB group: " I don’t have details on timing, but I know the Mopar 4xe lift kit needs further work to facilitate installation "

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
Everything has a delay these days.............

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I'm surprised dealers are installing larger tires and AEV ProCals. Those are usually the types of things they cite when they refuse to do warranty work.

Hell, my previous dealer initially refused to do the steering box TSB because I have the Mopar lift.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I had the dealership install the Mopar 2" on my 21' Rubicon and they charged me $390 in labor to do it plus $1,495 for the lift. They also do the Fox steering stabilizer for $165 and the AEV ProCal for $135. I did get my wheels and tires from the dealership as well because they matched the cheapest price I could find online so it was a no brainer.
390 for labor? wtf....i asked my dealer the cost of the kit plus install and he they gave me the mopar standard cost for the items but it was 1450 For labor.....yep...nearly 3k for the 2 inch lift .Granted that was already after i had gotten my Jeep.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The best pricing I've seen at a dealer here in AZ is $1,244 (+tax) for the lift plus 3 hours at $140/hour for the labor.

So...the OP's price is good.

I always buy my tires from Discount Tire. They are HEAVY supporters of charity here in the valley and in their satellite cities. That's important to me. Plus, great pricing and lifetime repairs/rotation.

Heelssuck

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon 392, 16 JK Rubicon, 18 Tesla S
Occupation
CIO
I had mine put on before I picked it up and specifically asked if they add on lift, tires, and wheels would be covered under standard warranty and they said it would be and put it in writing. I did get all my takeoff stuff and sold it via ebay. They would have kept it all if I hadn't asked. They even told me nobody ever asks for the factory take off stuff. I find that hard to believe but who knows.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts