First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
If an owner of the 2.0 can post instant mpg on cruise at 50, 60, 70 and 80 on flat highway it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to eliminate the human variable and my lead foot to better grasp efficiency.
Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Another question. How’s the acceleration from dead stop? Is it punchier than the 3.6, assuming one has ridden both to compare.

WazSupDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Orange JL Sahara
Another question. How’s the acceleration from dead stop? Is it punchier than the 3.6, assuming one has ridden both to compare.
I picked up my turbo two days ago and a close friend of mine has a 2018 JK that I drive all the time. We both agree that it’s significantly punchier from a start. Not just a little bit.

Rick

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I picked up my turbo two days ago and a close friend of mine has a 2018 JK that I drive all the time. We both agree that it’s significantly punchier from a start. Not just a little bit.

Rick
That’s what I’m talking about. :)

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’d gladly pay a premium for premium to get increased performance out of my DD. :)

Sponsored

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair though, the JL 3.6 on it's own performs a lot better than the JK. I don't think JK vs JL 2.0T is a fair comparison.

Schnabs

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLS (gone), '22 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove the 3.6 2 door Sport S then drove the 2.0T 2 door Sport S. The 2.0T felt much quicker in acceleration. I assume that is from the eTorque and also the fact there is more torque overall and it peaks much lower than the 3.6. The 2.0T also felt more agile and responsive when it came to steering input. The 3.6 almost felt heavier to me. I am coming from a modded 2015 Mustang GT. I knew the Jeep would not be the same but after driving the 3.6 there was no way I could trade and enjoy the 3.6. The 2.0T on the other hand won me over and I bought it that day. It's been about a 1.5 weeks with it and I have absolutely zero regrets in my decision.

IMG-1202.JPG

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
I test drove the 3.6 2 door Sport S then drove the 2.0T 2 door Sport S. The 2.0T felt much quicker in acceleration. I assume that is from the eTorque and also the fact there is more torque overall and it peaks much lower than the 3.6. The 2.0T also felt more agile and responsive when it came to steering input. The 3.6 almost felt heavier to me. I am coming from a modded 2015 Mustang GT. I knew the Jeep would not be the same but after driving the 3.6 there was no way I could trade and enjoy the 3.6. The 2.0T on the other hand won me over and I bought it that day. It's been about a 1.5 weeks with it and I have absolutely zero regrets in my decision.

IMG-1202.JPG
Great feedback, thank you. I had very similar impressions during a recent test drive but you seem to have much more experience with cars* than I do, so this is good validation.

* I know, I know... Jeeps are not cars, they’re Jeeps! ;)

Sponsored

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We took both the 2.0T and the 3.6 and put them side to side and proceeded to drag race down the back out our lot. after a best of 5, the 3.6 won. But it took all 5 races and it was VERY, VERY close lol. The 2.0T get a slight jump at the start but that's about it. I also agree a 3.6 JK vs a 2.0T JL is no comparison at all. Completely different animal. 8 speed is absolutely amazing for the performance of the JLs

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
We took both the 2.0T and the 3.6 and put them side to side and proceeded to drag race down the back out our lot. after a best of 5, the 3.6 won. But it took all 5 races and it was VERY, VERY close lol. The 2.0T get a slight jump at the start but that's about it. I also agree a 3.6 JK vs a 2.0T JL is no comparison at all. Completely different animal. 8 speed is absolutely amazing for the performance of the JLs
I am excited to hear this. When the stage 1& 2 turbo tunes are released the 2.0T is going to be a beast and I am so glad I will have one.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The 2.0 feels quicker but not sure if it really is? It feels quicker to me but no scientific evidence. It mostly has to do with the electric start and torque the 2.0 turbo makes. The e-Torque gets you going off the line and then the available low end torque takes over. You will feel more torque, push, from the back of your seat with a turbo.

Not really important to me but I am sure a magazine will do test on the 2 engines soon to verify which would win a drag race. lol.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

IMG-1202.JPG
I could not pin point it but the steering felt different between the 3.6 and 2.0 felt different to me also. I think it might have to do with the electric assisted steering on the 2.0? I also thought I read FCA had the wrong programming for the 3.6 steering. Something crazy like they 2.0 metrics were accidentally programmed in to the 3.6 by mistake at production? Maybe that has something to do with it? Not really sure? I am sure the steering feels different though.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
I could not pin point it but the steering felt different between the 3.6 and 2.0 felt different to me also. I think it might have to do with the electric assisted steering on the 2.0? I also thought I read FCA had the wrong programming for the 3.6 steering. Something crazy like they 2.0 metrics were accidentally programmed in to the 3.6 by mistake at production? Maybe that has something to do with it? Not really sure? I am sure the steering feels different though.
Different good or different bad? Just to clarify...
Sponsored