Have you sold to Vroom?

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Does anyone have any experience selling their Jeep or any other vehicle to Vroom?

Rewind a few weeks and my wife and I decide to become a 1 car family (both working from home for the foreseeable future) and we shopped her car around and decided on Carvana. Was a very smooth transaction. I've ordered a JT am expecting it to pick it up within the next 2 weeks and have started to shop around my '16 JKU. I've looked at Carmax, Carvana and Vroom and have had conversations with the dealer. Vroom has the highest offer, by far.

We gave Vroom consideration when we sold my wife's car as they had a slightly higher offer than Carvana. The process of signing my title and sending it to them before they take possession or sending a check wasn't something I was super comfortable with at the time. Another concern of ours was Vroom originally offering $X and after getting the vehicle saying they'd only pay $Y and the difference would have been significant enough to pick a different buyer. Would it be a hassle to get it back...? We decided to go with Carvana as the offer wasn't too far from Vroom's, plus their location is about 10 minutes from our house. We dropped her car off on a Saturday and got the direct deposit on Monday. Easy Peasy.

So who has sold a vehicle to Vroom? Was their original offer what they ended up paying you? Any other issues using them? TIA
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Easy process with a few minor hiccups. I havent heard of anyone getting hosed after turning car over. In my case, the price difference was significant enough for me to go with Vroom over Carvana.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Interesting...so the offer ended up changing drastically after inspection with Vroom?

I recently put my 2014 Porsche Cayman S on both Carvana and Vroom for shits and gigs and was pretty tempted by Vroom's offer .....they were like $8,000 higher than Carvana and actually a couple thousand over what I paid for it 2 years ago....I ended up just letting the offer expire as I wasn't really interested in selling, but if I was they sure seemed pretty decent with what they offered...just curious with the bait and switch they pulled on you?

OP
OP
JDChris

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Interesting...so the offer ended up changing drastically after inspection with Vroom?

I recently put my 2014 Porsche Cayman S on both Carvana and Vroom for shits and gigs and was pretty tempted by Vroom's offer .....they were like $8,000 higher than Carvana and actually a couple thousand over what I paid for it 2 years ago....I ended up just letting the offer expire as I wasn't really interested in selling, but if I was they sure seemed pretty decent with what they offered...just curious with the bait and switch they pulled on you?
I may not have been clear. It happens. I was questioning if anyone has had a bait and switch happen to them with Vroom. That is my biggest fear with them. In my experience with Carvana, their rep walked around my wife's car and gave us the thumbs up. I could be wrong but I don't think Vroom works this way.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I used Vroom. No issues. Good communication, organized process, and received funds very quickly. If you are honest in stating the cars condition, there should be no surprises to either party. In my case, I got exactly what they quoted.

Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Vroom would not give me a solid number for what they would pay at pickup AND they gave me a completely blank POA form to sign.

I passed on them.

OP
OP
JDChris

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Vroom would not give me a solid number for what they would pay at pickup AND they gave me a completely blank POA form to sign.

I passed on them.
Completely blank or did it have limitations dealing with the title to your vehicle?

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have sold 3 vehicles to Vroom over the last 6 years. Never has the price changed after pickup. The last one I had to follow up on during the process because they are so busy but they have always offered significantly higher on vehicles.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Recently sold an F150 to Vroom.
Couple hoops to jump through with paperwork, but in the end they were good for their quote and everything was fine.
Plus they were over 7K higher than Carvana.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
Sold 2019 Ram to vroom a couple weeks ago. Painless and they gave me exactly what they quoted (Which was a few thousand d higher than others). I signed a few things and they overnighted a doc which I returned and within a couple days pickup was scheduled. They picked it up on a Friday and I received my check Monday (and my loan with Chrysler Capital was paid off immediately by vroom as well).

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Search Vroom - there’s a couple of threads on it here. I did it and no bait and switch.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
@JDChris no experience with vroom, but I recently sold my wife’s CRV to Shift. I strongly recommend you check them out. Shift gave us the highest quote over caravana, vroom, and carmax. Even after they did a slight deduction for worn tires, the final sale price was still about $1500 more than any other company’s initial quote.

DM me for more info if you’re interested.

gnvNole

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Did they indicate why they changed the offer? Misrepresentation about condition? Or unilaterally decided to just pay you less? When we sold, I did my best to try and accurately portray the condition, but was still concerned they would deduct from the quoted price. Ours had some large chips on the back quarter panel, maybe 10-12, along with a scuff on some of the black plastic, maybe 4 inches long. Thankfully the deduction never materialized, but I would not have been surprised if it did. Best of luck.
Sponsored