Sponsored

Have you seen this? JL 2018 Extreme Terrain contest

BenoA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep sold now
Just got this in my email today and those 2 JL in the video are close to the rendering we have seen on this page?

Jeep Wrangler JL Have you seen this? JL 2018 Extreme Terrain contest {filename}

Is it me who's seeing wrong or what???
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
That's a rendering based on what has been posted here on JL forums

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Huh they are listing the Unlimited as Granite Crystal Mettalic. Do they know something we don't? It's probably nothing but I would be so stoked if we got that color year 1.

drkreeves

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sport 2dr
They also have one listed with an eco-diesel.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Not sure they really know.

But I entered the contest just in case!

drkreeves

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sport 2dr
Likewise, I'll post it once I win it;)

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Huh they are listing the Unlimited as Granite Crystal Mettalic. Do they know something we don't? It's probably nothing but I would be so stoked if we got that color year 1.
From what I've seen they don't have any insider info. Their blog posts about the JL all cite this site as the source.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
I came here to post this. Almost had a heart attack, but then realized the hinges are wrong - but that is pretty damn convincing.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Unless XT and whoever this Deegan guy is have contacts at Jeep, I wonder how long it'll take to actually claim the prize. You can't just whip up a suspension system and armor after the JL comes out, slap them on, and hand over the keys. It's going to take time to engineer all that stuff, make sure it works properly, and most importantly, build it to last. Every single lift kit that came out for the JK in '07 and '08 was utter trash and that was because everyone was in a rush to get them on the shelves. It took a few iterations and revisions to get them right.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take 2 free jeeps even if they are not modded how I like :P

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Unless XT and whoever this Deegan guy is have contacts at Jeep, I wonder how long it'll take to actually claim the prize. You can't just whip up a suspension system and armor after the JL comes out, slap them on, and hand over the keys. It's going to take time to engineer all that stuff, make sure it works properly, and most importantly, build it to last. Every single lift kit that came out for the JK in '07 and '08 was utter trash and it took a few iterations and revisions to get them right.
Most of the Jeep Aftermarket Parts Manufactures will get CAD files probably around end of summer. Should be more then enough time to have parts ready by December.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Most of the Jeep Aftermarket Parts Manufactures will get CAD files probably around end of summer. Should be more then enough time to have parts ready by December.
Based on comments from other sources, I'd say they already have the basic 3D CAD files and have had for at least 9 months sofar (even for a 'lowly' secondary vendor).
The interesting thing is that Toledo Blade article today that stated they already have made 200 prototypes. Many of these may just be roughed out skeletons, husks, etc, nowhere near an entire vehicle, but that may be enough for some after-market folks who just need to test attachment points and clearances, etc.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
They said they are doing the drawing on Nov. 15th and the giveaway on the 24th. Sounds to me like they expect to have their hands on two JLs and associated aftermarket parts before Nov. 24th
Sponsored