Sponsored

Have you seen this? JL 2018 Extreme Terrain contest

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
CAD files are great, but that's only part of the equation.

When lift kits came out for the early JK, everybody was using trackbar relocation brackets that eventually snapped the original mount off the axle because of the weak welds. It took a good year before the aftermarket realized that was a bad idea and started building trackbar mounts that bolted around the tube.

So, sure, they can have parts ready by the time the JL is out, but they're still going to be very much untested and unproven.
Sponsored

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
That area where the hood and grill meet is one hell of a detail to add based just on the JLWF images. I'd say they know something that we don't. Probably the CAD drawings as mentioned above.

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I think if FCA provided JL/JLU CAD drawings and the vendor then took those and created renderings based off of it which they released to the public, that would be the last time they ever get any info in advance.

I'm sure they are required to sign NDA's which would at the least prohibit them from doing exactly something like this, so my guess is it is a total guess based off of what JLWF has already released.

I am not as familiar with how strict FCA is about stuff like this but I know if a Ford vendor did this they would have their head. Extreme Terrain is owned by the same guys who run AmericanMuscle parts for Mustang/F-150. They get invites to cover various Ford events so they would not want to jeopardize that. I'm sure the same is true for their Jeep division.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Unless XT and whoever this Deegan guy is have contacts at Jeep, I wonder how long it'll take to actually claim the prize. You can't just whip up a suspension system and armor after the JL comes out, slap them on, and hand over the keys. It's going to take time to engineer all that stuff, make sure it works properly, and most importantly, build it to last. Every single lift kit that came out for the JK in '07 and '08 was utter trash and that was because everyone was in a rush to get them on the shelves. It took a few iterations and revisions to get them right.
The contest says the prizes will be awarded on or about April 1, 2018

contest rules said:
  1. Drawing: The winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about November 24, 2017, from among all entries properly received during the Promotion Period.
  2. Delivery: The Grand Prize will be delivered to the winner on or about April 1, 2018.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Likewise, I'll post it once I win it;)
Just keep in mind that you won't really be "winning two free vehicles", you'll be "winning" the opportunity to "purchase" two vehicles at a reduced price. Reason is, the winner will be responsible for paying about $35,000 in taxes, plus any shipping or delivery charges.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just keep in mind that you won't really be "winning two free vehicles", you'll be "winning" the opportunity to "purchase" two vehicles at a reduced price. Reason is, the winner will be responsible for paying about $35,000 in taxes, plus any shipping or delivery charges.
I am going to start budgeting now for when I win.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I would like to thank you very much (Extreme Terrain) and all the participants,
Because what they provide is distinctive with translation and explanation in Arabic in videos, always forward.

Jeep Wrangler JL Have you seen this? JL 2018 Extreme Terrain contest {filename}

That's what I expected, albeit slightly differently.