Sponsored

Have you seen the Bestop Halftop for the JL?!!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Not crazy about the look of the top on the 2 door but that bag on the spare does look interesting. Is it (the bag) waterproof?
@2DR OVRLND our products are water resistant, I've never received feedback of water coming in directly through the material through.
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Everybody has the thing they like I guess...lots of door options out there, not seeing the rage for core doors. Would like some oem half doors though.
@Billkowski I'll share your feedback, thank you!
~Crystal@Bestop

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
My guess is as companies become so big they become more focused on what maximizes profit and core doors didn't make the cut plain and simple. Either that or they holding off due to OE contracts is my guess. No other reason to be this tone deaf to your customer base. There was already a good half top option on the market that's likely cheaper. What the market is totally void of is a non oe door that takes an upper (no soft doors I'm not counting).

Also the non tinted side windows are gross.
@bumpit I love your feedback, thank you for sharing. I will forward this over to the rest of the team!
~Crystal@Bestop

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
@JP29 We actually discontinued the color twill tops all together.
~Crystal@Bestop
But tan would look so goooood with my Hydro :(
I'm guessing the sales weren't there to keep up production, though.

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Too bad you don't make a soft top conversion to work with the sunrider for those of us who bought sun riders for our hardtop. That I would buy

Its not our newest but it sure does give your JL a new look 👀 :handsinair:
Check out Bestop's Halftop and Conversion Halftop, you'll fall in love 🥰 * Spare Tire Organizer is separate, definitely adds that 🔥 to the look!

JLU_Half_Top1080x1080-100.jpg

huskay

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2020
For me the half top and hard top give me two extremes. Everybody has the trek or regular soft top...kinda boring, but it's great to have choices...I just wish the side windows were tinted.
What is your feedback on noise supression, I see you have the Twill version right? I am looking to order similar to the setup you have, and concerned about the below

1- Wind noise?
2- Water leaks?
3- Any photos from inside how does it look like, you can see the stuff in trunk? in case of sudden break or so can they roll to front?
4- Side and back windows dont have tinting, but I will do them manually by adding a sticker film

You also mentioned good weekend car, what do you mean, it becomes not much driveable in that setup?

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
What is your feedback on noise supression, I see you have the Twill version right? I am looking to order similar to the setup you have, and concerned about the below

1- Wind noise?
2- Water leaks?
3- Any photos from inside how does it look like, you can see the stuff in trunk? in case of sudden break or so can they roll to front?
4- Side and back windows dont have tinting, but I will do them manually by adding a sticker film

You also mentioned good weekend car, what do you mean, it becomes not much driveable in that setup?
1. It is louder than the hardtop, as you might expect, but I can still comfortably hear the hands free phone at 60. I dont find it obtrusive.
2. Its a second vehicle that I baby and I've never driven it in the rain and it stays in the garage, lol, but it doesn't leak when I wash it.
3. With the premium twill it is all black inside with netted pockets in the sunrider part. If something is unsecured in the back it could roll forward and be seen though the side windows. I have a secure tray in the back to put small things in so they won't move. Obviously with the tonneau part in the back it limits the size of things you can put in there.
4. If you do the tinting thing, I would like to see, its the only thing I don't like.

20230311_152516.jpg

Gimper

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2-Door
Used to have a Halftop on my '99 TJ. Loved it. Might think about getting one of these for my JL. I think the 2 Door version looks good. Agree with others, windows tinted would be a welcome enhancement to this product.

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I got one, I like it for a weekend vehicle

Jeep Wrangler JL Have you seen the Bestop Halftop for the JL?!! 20230311_152516
Is it fairly easy to remove and store the three back windows? I love the look of the halftop but I like having all my windows removed and the open air driving more.

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Is it fairly easy to remove and store the three back windows? I love the look of the halftop but I like having all my windows removed and the open air driving more.
The rear window zips down so you have that open with a screen. But the rear and side windows are all one piece and while you could remove them, it would be a bit of a production to do it. If the pain installing it is any indication, it wouldn't be worth it back and forth.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
The rear window zips down so you have that open with a screen. But the rear and side windows are all one piece and while you could remove them, it would be a bit of a production to do it. If the pain installing it is any indication, it wouldn't be worth it back and forth.
Not quite how I want it to work, but makes sense.
Thanks!!

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Any one know how this would fit over something like the diabolical slipstream. Think of getting both products and want to make sure they work together before purchase.
Sponsored